- Your mission at Climeworks is to ensure Climeworks' competitive advantage by developing the required technologies enabling the design of high-performance reactors, and by securing the corresponding IP. The development scope comprises technologies relating to the mechanical and geometrical layout of the reactor chamber, the integration of structured sorbent systems, and the handling of process media for optimum performance and minimum losses.
- You derive the key parameters critical to performance, lifetime and manufacturability of DAC sorbent systems, shape long-term R&D programs to achieve entitlement.
- You are responsible for the development of proprietary sorbent structures.
- You work with external suppliers of structured sorbent systems to guide/initiate improvements for maximum operational performance and component lifetime.
- You are responsible for the assessment of the lifetime, stability and mechanical integrity of the contactor/sorbent system.
- You develop advanced concepts for contactor layouts with the objective of minimized thermal and fluid-flow losses, and operational robustness.
- You assure FTO and IP for new developments in the field of sorbent system design.
- You motivate and drive efficient team and department collaboration, assuring continuous learning and development.
- You manage HR administration, planning, and recruiting.
- You implement a safety-first culture in laboratories and on-site.
- You take responsibility for training, auditing, and follow-up in case of HS&E findings.
- You have completed an Advanced degree in Material Science, Mechanical or Process Engineering.
- You have more than 10 years of academic and industrial experience in material science or engineering, preferably in R&D.
- You have a deep knowledge of adsorption or catalytic systems in industrial applications.
- You have strong fundamental and applied knowledge of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat-and mass transfer.
- You are highly reliable, take strong ownership and are self-driven.
- You have excellent communication skills, are flexible, a team-player and a strong motivator.
- You demonstrate ability to lead and successfully conclude system and component development initiatives.
- You demonstrate excellent ability to effectively operate and influence in cross-functional teams.
- You have a passion for new technologies and technology development.
- You are fluent in English and any German knowledge is a plus.
What we offer: The opportunity to join a true climate pioneer that is featured as a TIMES100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time. We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose-driven team. We offer to work in a flat organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology.
Are you interested? Then please fill in the online application form and upload your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.