Our mission is to enable the solar industry to scale efficiently.
Raptor Maps is the leading provider of lifecycle management software ...View Company Profile
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 40 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We are looking for a VP of Finance to own oversight and completion of all financial reporting, banking relationships, cash management, and risk management processes within Raptor Maps. We are seeking an analytical thinker and effective problem solver with a history of successfully delivering results on multiple priorities. This role will have the mission-critical responsibility of ensuring the financial operations across teams are aligned to a common goal, this includes modeling, reviewing, and approving all team budgets, forecasting economic trends, and managing fiscal policies and guidelines throughout the company.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective and scaleable financial planning and analysis (FP&A) capability that will allow for real-time, variance analysis
- Own the budgeting and forecasting balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements
- Manage the cashflow needs of the company and implement solutions that streamline operations and reduce costs
- Provide guidance and feedback on budget operation goals across all teams
- Owns effective financial and operational metrics to provide the Board of Directors with concise information regarding the company’s performance
- Oversee and direct audit, tax, and accounting
- Support M&A activities and corporate financing solutions as needed
- Monitor and ensure compliance with GAAP standards and/or regulatory rules
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support growth
- Manage outside vendors for 409A, banking relationships, venture debt
- Put scalable financial and key metric systems into place
- Manage and build out a finance team
- Support contract review and various financial related items
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
- Significant experience in preparing or directing financial statements, financial position forecasts, and annual budgets for a B2B SaaS company
- Revenue recognition and ASC 606 experience preferred
- Experience with audit process
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Experience working with scaling startups
- Experience building out an effective finance team
- Must be primarily located in the contiguous US
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.Benefits
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:- Paid travel for in-person team trips- Healthcare with dental and vision options- Unlimited vacation policy - 401(k)- Desk budget- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and just generally getting out and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our recently raised Series B