At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.OVERVIEWBeyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. The Production Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Devault, PA as a Production Supervisor.The Production Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to ensure that all food products are produced efficiently and that the correct amount is safely produced at the right cost and level of quality. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the planning, coordination, and control of the manufacturing processes to meet Company goals. The Production Supervisor will provide leadership to the production team and supervise the production team in all aspects of manufacturing (safety, production, maintenance, quality, warehousing, and transportation) to ensure optimal output of core processes while maintaining a focus on safety and quality.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and supervise multiple production and/or batching lines, 30+ hourly operators, and production issues in support of a rapid expansion plan
- Drive efficiency by monitoring steps of the process; setting process variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process; initiating and promoting cooperation within and between departments.
- Mitigate constraints to maximize OEE, fulfilling preventative and predictive maintenance programs, root cause analysis, and driving corrective actions
- Embraces and effectively coaches others on the importance of change and understands the positive role it plays in achieving business goals
- Creates production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results.
- Drive and maintain production standards for efficiency, continuous improvement, safety, and quality.
- Supervise and motivate the production team while being proactive in providing feedback opportunities for team members and requesting feedback on leadership
- Responsible for managing and developing Production Leads
- Responsible for daily communication to upper management and calling out risks to achieving KPIs
- Responsible for developing a labor utilization plan
- Oversee sanitation program and related procedures for pre-production, production, and shutdown periods
- Monitor day-to-day manufacturing for SOP execution, assisting the operation with any required support
- Identify production training needs and coordinate with leadership to implement training goals and requirements
- Review production team performance
- Assist in creating and maintaining a safety-first culture
- Responsible for timekeeping, PTO and leave requests, and attendance tracking activities as related to the hourly employees on shift
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Lead, manage, and supervise production employees, delegate training for all processes within the production area setting.
- Provide mentorship and training to functional team members.
- Accountable for developing talent through on-going performance feedback and career management coaching.
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or Engineering (Process, Mechanical, or Industrial) or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years proven experience as a Production Supervisor or similar role
- 2-5 years experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment preferred
- Workforce Management, Diverse Workforce
- Knowledge of Food Safety, GMP, and SOPs
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus, not a requirement
- Leadership skills, focused on results, employees’ engagement, development, decision making, teamwork and change management
- The employee must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong PC skills includes MS office programs
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs., reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, and warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $60,000 and $70,000. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.