Electrum is seeking an experienced Solar Loan Specialist to join our Fulfillment team. In partnership with our network of installation companies, we offer a host of financing options for homeowners to finance their electrification projects. We know that the process of selecting the right financing option for customers is sensitive and can get complicated; homeowners need a champion to guide and advocate for them. Transparency, accessibility, and choice are at the foundation of our core values and we recognize a need to simplify the consumer lending process with a variety of financing options and providers, as well as grow our internal team by providing our customers with a dedicated guide through the lending process. The Solar Loan Specialist will be responsible for assisting customers with loan applications for solar, home battery storage, and other home electrification products. The ideal candidate has strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, has experience in solar lending or sales, and knows the ins and outs of the solar loans available on the market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Act as subject matter expert for the Electrum financing options; educate installers and customers about loan products
- Responsible for building and maintaining a rapport with customers, lenders, and installers to ensure proper management of the customer account
- Provide extraordinary customer service to our customers at the most sensitive stage of the home electrification project
- Assist customers and accurately prepare loan applications and documents for submission to financing partners, ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Assist customers with any additional or missing documentation and information needed from lenders for application processing or underwriting
- Track our customers' deals progression in our CRM system and follow up to ensure that loan documents have been completed and submitted to any third-party lenders
- Develop and maintain regular follow-up cadence with customers to ensure that all requirements are met
- Develop and maintain regular follow-up cadence with lenders to ensure all requirements are met and attain loan status
- Communicate, educate, and assist customers in seeking and determining alternative financing options, including other sources or application options (different applicant, cosigner, etc.)
- Manage internal Electrum financing program funding, disbursement, documentation, and contracts
- Act as liaison between customers, installers, and lending institutions to communicate loan estimate revision requirements and/or updates to scopes of work
- During the loan process, resolve or escalate potential problems to the Customer Success Team, Energy Advisor, and/or Accounting
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field 3-5 years in a solar lending or sales role
- Demonstrated experience in effectively writing/reviewing loan documents
- Recent experience and knowledge of solar loans (Mosaic, Goodleap, Sungage Financial, etc.)
- Strong solar or renewable energy experience with working knowledge of lending policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of loan agreements, loan structuring, and collateral procedures
WHO YOU ARE
WHAT YOU COULD BE A PART OFElectrum is on a mission to empower communities through transparency and choice to enable a better quality of life for all people.
- Dedicated team player that feels a sense of pride helping customers and teammates achieve their respective goals
- Upholds core values and builds team member and customer relationships.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing cloud-based applications; above-average technology skills including MS Office Applications (Word, Excel), macOS, and Google Business Suite, and the ability to quickly learn new software/systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills Ability to manage sensitive information and situations with empathy and diligence
- Strong customer service orientation Collaborative and highly coachable with a dependable and possessing a strong work ethic
Homeowners are often left in the dark when trying to decide how to go solar - that's where Electrum comes in. We've automated the process of going solar and driving down costs and increasing adoption rates. Our online solar and renewable energy marketplace provides homeowners with expert advice and custom bids from a national network of vetted installers. We have a bidding platform with innumerable Solar Companies competing for our client's business. This results in great deals for consumers, and even more, a great experience! Sustainable energy is more important than ever and we're the leading force in the revolution. Behind our marketplace is a team of incredible people.
People that are committed to building the future of clean energy solutions while maintaining our core values of trust, transparency, and choice. Those core values extend beyond how we treat our customers and vendors; it is how we treat each other. We follow through with our promises, are fair in our approach, and strive to live up to our reputation as an advocate in the solar industry. We believe that at the intersection of our team and our mission, we provide the best customer experience in the industry
We’re the trusted marketplace for some of the largest and most progressive utility companies in the country, and for consumer brands like LG. Our footing in the industry is strong, and we’re looking for talented people to help facilitate the next phase of our growth. Working in a fast-growing company does not come without its challenges, but if you enjoy solving problems, impacting positive change, and innovating in an emerging market, then Electrum will provide you with a platform to do all of those things. As a fully distributed company with employees all over the United States, we empower our team members to be self-starters, giving them stewardship over their work and their environment, while providing continuous support.
Our teams are built on respect, trust, integrity, and a culture of accountability. We care about our team and every person joining us, and because of that we also recognize that not everyone works well in a remote environment. We take several things into consideration during our hiring process. Learn about those Pre-Employment Remote Employee Considerations here
. At Electrum, we believe that the diversity of thoughts and backgrounds will cover our blind spots, will make us more innovative, and consequently will give us an advantage.
There are no glass ceilings at our company. Facilitating the upward mobility of our staff is an important KPI that we track for our managers. The Electrum team comes from all walks of life and we hire people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it is the right thing to do, but because we celebrate the distinct contributions that diversity cultivates. This is why Electrum is a proud equal opportunity employer (EOE) and is committed to building an inclusive culture that empowers every individual regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, creative self-expression, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or political views.As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission of empowering communities and enabling a better quality of life by understanding that while we are smart alone, together we are genius.