Founded in 2014, Generate builds, owns, and operates sustainable infrastructure to deliver affordable and reliable resource solutions for companies, governments, ...View Company Profile
Generate Capital invests in sustainable solutions spanning the infrastructure technology set, including in solar, fuel cell, CHP, microgrid, smart cities, and mobility sectors. This position will provide legal support for maintaining strong corporate governance, handling board and investor matters and other general corporate activities. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a mission-oriented, sustainable infrastructure company on the cutting edge of the resource revolution
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as Corporate Counsel:
- Provide fundraising support for the Capital Markets team, including advising on private placements of equity,
coordination of due diligence efforts and ongoing legal advice to the Investor Relations team.
- Providing key corporate governance support to the Company and its interactions with its Board and Board
committees, including drafting board resolutions, maintaining corporate records and advising the management team on Board decision-making.
- Interpret and advise on Company obligations under its constituent documents and securities laws, including matters under Delaware corporate law and Delaware law relating to a public benefit corporation.
- Develop and maintain corporate policies, procedures and processes and coordinate ongoing regulatory filings.
- Advise on general corporate matters, including HR matters, general contracting and other matters that arise at the corporate level.
Candidate requirements and qualifications:
- 6+ years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house experience representing companies on US
securities laws (federal and state) and corporate governance matters under Delaware corporate law.
- Experience interacting with boards of directors directly or through advice to an executive team.
- Experience advising companies or investors on securities matters, including diligence matters, disclosures and investor relations.
- Ability to draft and negotiate general commercial contracts, including agreements for consulting services, service providers, advisers and other contracts.
- Prior experience in renewable energy, infrastructure, waste operations or operating companies is a plus.
- Prior experience in informal or formal dispute resolution, or in HR matters is a plus.
- A passion for, or demonstrated commitment to, our mission: proving that sustainability pays.
- Ability to swiftly complete a project, consummate transactions, and drive to resolution/solution to issues small and large.
- Expert at applying knowledge in one industry/sector into new areas of investment.
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening as well as strong writing, editing, and basic design skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges.
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode.
- Superior project and time management skills and high attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to focus on details while also able to see long-term goals and obstacles