Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. ...View Company Profile
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
If you thrive at the intersection of data, design, and storytelling, and you enjoy discovering insights that influence product development, then let’s talk!
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Bring clean energy to more people
- Conduct generative and evaluative research studies that shape product decisions
- Advocate research insights to diverse audiences through various mediums
- Conduct workshops and exercises to engage stakeholders and build a more intimate knowledge of our customers
- Partner with your fellow Aurorans to plan research strategies with appropriate methodologies designed to guide and inform key business decisions
- Translate data and insights into concrete strategy and design direction
- Convey results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways to business stakeholders and team members
What we value:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Human-Centered Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar experience
- History of conducting research with demonstrated impact among cross-functional teams, using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Familiarity with recruitment, discovery, usability testing, moderation, survey design, synthesis, and socializing actionable insights
- Knowledge of agile/scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication skills with a strong grasp on how to clearly, concisely, and persuasively convey research findings
- Strong portfolio of previous work that exemplifies your impact through research
- Passion for technology and its impact on human behavior
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.