With a safety-first mindset, the Fleet Operations team maximizes fleet availability and utilization for our customers, as we build towards a scalable mobility service for Zoox. The Operations Infrastructure PM will work closely with the Fleet Operations Leadership team and cross-functional partners to ensure our current and future operational sites are being built and supported to meet the operational demand. Tasks include but are not limited to operational site design, design development, budget forecast and management, project oversight, change management, and overall risk mitigation. The role is highly strategic and requires someone who is able to adjust to frequent changes. An ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail-oriented, embraces a positive attitude, remains calm in a rapid-paced environment, works well cross-functionally, and can manage multiple projects in parallel. In the long term, we see this role growing into higher levels of ownership, including a path to being a people leader.
- Partner with key internal and cross-functional teams such as Procurement, IT/AV, Security, PMO, EHS, and Places & Build to develop project plans that meet the company’s growth requirements.
- Manage all facets of the operational requirements of the project (budget, schedule, procurement, quality, and risk) during all phases, including planning, design, construction, occupancy, and closeout.
- Ensure our current operational sites have the required infrastructure to support the planned operational growth. This would include items like but are not limited to site safety, data connectivity, office space, operational flow, capital equipment, and charging infrastructure.
- Prepare and coordinate project reviews for internal teams at all project phases, including conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction phases.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all operational infrastructure-related projects.
- Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project schedule.
- Build an operational readiness scale to determine readiness for new sites, deployments, and permanent operations.
- Generate an operational site playbook that will be leveraged to streamline the progression of future build-outs.
- Generate and manage a bill of materials for all equipment by location. This would include purchase dates, supplier information, preventative maintenance information, and other pertinent information.
- Prioritize the standardization of our operational sites. This would include items like the look and feel, equipment used, operational flow, and how we physically conduct the operations.
- Ability to produce and maintain project budgets, schedules, manage risk, and conduct financial analysis
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time while maintaining priorities
- Navigating a fast-paced environment while adapting quickly to change
- Ability to understand project interdependencies and the impact of decisions across stakeholders
- Working independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Ability to think creatively in order to provide non-standard solutions
- Ability to balance operational expectations with project reality
- Demonstrates awareness and upholds the highest standard for all environmental, health, and safety protocols
- Ability to facilitate communication between experts, stakeholders, and customers
- Willingness to travel 10-20% of the time
- Proficiency in Smartsheets, SAP, MS Office, Google Suites, Lucid Charts, and Slack.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 3+ years of experience in transportation and/or fleet support infrastructure
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impacts
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR
have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier
of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.About Zoox
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.Follow us on LinkedInA Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.