At Zoomo, we're leading the charge in enabling our vision to transition every urban mile to light electric vehicles (LEV) that are accessible to build carbon-neutral cities. To that end, we are building the world’s most convenient, affordable, and safe e-bike platform. We’re a fast-growing startup with a global footprint across the U.S., U.K, Europe, and Australia, and are now the trusted partner to some of the world’s leading and most innovative companies like Uber, DoorDash, Dexus, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, Wholefoods, Gorillas, Just Eat, Getir and many more.
We're searching for a Senior iOS Engineer to join us in developing our next generation Fleet Ops Mobile App!
This App will empower Zoomo and its global B2B customers to evolve an efficient Fleet maintenance and tracking system with integrations of IoT, mobile phone sensors and cloud api. You’ll work closely with Product, Design and Engineering SMEs to develop the product.
If you have experience developing and deploying iOS apps in a commercial environment, love to mentor others and use the latest tech stack in iOS App development in a fast paced scale-up environment, Zoomo might be your next home. Here you'll be working closely with the Product Owner, Product Designer, QA and other Software Engineers to deliver a beautiful App.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Help architect and develop highly performant iOS Apps for our Fleet Ops squads, using clean code and industry best practices
- Provide technical leadership to ensure the technical design of the App enables deployment and support for multiple geographical regions worldwide.
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Technical Lead in your squad to help define the product roadmap and regularly plan sprints and groom backlogs
- Participate in both delivery and discovery sprints to achieve product delivery objectives
- Help define development guidelines, coding standards and automation based testing practices.
- Coach junior engineers in their technical progression
- Actively participate in technical knowledge sharing sessions to promote best practices and the latest technology trends
You'll be a good fit if you:
- Have diverse app development experience
- Have a good grasp of underlying software engineering concepts (Data Structures, Algorithms, OOP) and effectively use them in your day to day work
- Have experience in full software development life cycle in a fast-moving Agile environment
- Have extensive experience using Swift/SwiftUI and XCode to develop a well-architected iOS codebase
- Thoroughly understand iOS App deployment for both internal and external users, including TestFlight/AppStore
- Regularly write Unit Tests for the most important parts of the code
- Regularly use XCode profiling tools to optimise your code
- Have an advanced understanding of consuming REST API in iOS Apps
- Are proficient in using Git/GitHub/Bitbucket and efficient code review processes
- Have a good understanding and experience of platform best practices for App performance and security
- Have a thorough understanding of a variety of data persistence options for iOS including UserDefaults, Keychain, Databases
We also use:
- Automated CI/CD tools and processes
- UI Automation
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including:
- Competitive salary on offer, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid remote/office work model
- Tech Allowance for BYO device
- Monthly Wellbeing Allowance
- Complimentary Coffee, Snacks and an E-bike
- Pet-friendly office at HQ
- The chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional development goals
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Even if you don’t think you tick all the boxes, but believe that you have the skills and capabilities to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you.