ABOUT GENERATE CAPITAL
Generate Capital is a leading investment and operating platform for sustainable infrastructure. Founded in 2014, Generate has been accelerating the Infrastructure Revolution for years, partnering with pre-eminent innovators with a diversified fleet of over 2,000 sustainable infrastructure assets, serving more than 1000 customers and communities. We are the one-stop shop for technology companies, developers and integrators for capital and help to deploy sustainable infrastructure and for customers to meet resilience, decarbonization and cost savings goals.
Climate change, and the related resource challenges of food insecurity, energy poverty, and water scarcity, require an unrelenting focus on delivering solutions at the urgency and scale required. At Generate, we believe that we can solve the world’s most pressing resource issues by taking a systems-level approach, one that has the appropriate time horizon and the financial, operational and human capacity to comprehensively address the challenges before us. We recognize that our stakeholder alignment is our license to operate: customers, communities, innovators, developers, employees, capital partners and the planet all must win.
We do work others can’t. Generate is the long-term, flexible, operationally capable, and values-driven partner for pioneering project developers and solutions providers, offering an empathetic and experienced approach to solving the world’s most important problems.
Joining Generate is an opportunity to help build a cutting-edge, values-driven organization that is redefining the economics of sustainable infrastructure. At Generate we take a long-term approach to our people and are committed to building a diverse, equitable, and empathetic workforce that is willing to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get infrastructure projects built. We integrate our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels, in all of our decisions. Certified as a Great Place to Work, Generate offers employees a collaborative culture, opportunities for personal growth and exposure to ongoing learning opportunities.
What you can expect from us:
- The ability to truly “do well by doing good”; indeed, we really are changing the world
- An opportunity to help build a cutting edge, values-driven organization that is leading the Resource Revolution and redefining the economics of distributed, sustainable infrastructure
- The integration of our values – integrity, collaboration, excellence, intellectual honesty, and accountability – at all levels and with our many stakeholders
- An opportunity for entrepreneurship and leadership in building out and managing the company’s operational infrastructure and the teams to support it
- A commitment to your professional development, ongoing learning opportunities, and overall growth as a person
- The ability to work with a team with decades of collective experience financing and managing billions of dollars of sustainable infrastructure, leading successful startups, and growing great people
- Competitive pay and benefits
What you will be doing at Generate Capital as an Asset Operations Manager:
- Understand complex operating systems, evaluate, analyze efficiency, and process and operational improvement opportunities
- Perform regular site visits to engage with key personnel and observe operations firsthand
- This role will have overall responsibility for the Profit & Loss (P&L) and will involve planning, coordinating, and directing business operations, and project operating partners, to ensure resources are properly allocated and aligned with performance expectations.
- Develop short- and long-term strategic plans to drive financial health/performance and produce high returns.
- Provide/participate in monthly and quarterly operational and financial reporting to senior management.
- Lead the preparations of annual operating plans of the facilities, and implement remedial plans as necessary
- Monitor and report on monthly financial and operation performance
- Comply with asset management standards across the upcycle portfolio for integration into corporate reporting
- Assess and inform the performance of Operations and Maintenance (O&M) providers and a quantitative and qualitative basis
- Monitor and assess the performance of project partners, plant managers, and other key stakeholders
- Interface with third-party administrative services to support accounting and financial reporting needs.
- Support project needs, growth, expansion, and capital maintenance projects through development, planning, and execution.
- Review and provide feedback on the scope of commercial contracts and agreements, identifying opportunities to increase product revenue and reduce operational expenditures.
- Assist in the due diligence on new investment opportunities
- Assist in the strategic reviews of new sectors and identification of new market and investment opportunities
- Review and understand permit reporting requirements, develop processes to ensure continuous compliance and complete record-keeping is being observed. Participate in permit renewal processes.
- Ensure high safety standards and best practices are being employed by the project personnel and contractors.
Candidate qualifications & core characteristics:
- A demonstrated passion for, or commitment to, our mission
- An adept leader with exceptional business acumen, decision-making, and problem-solving capabilities.
- 7+ years experience in asset/operations management, preferably with exposure to Wastewater Treatment, Biosolids, Fertilizer Production, Chemical/Industrial Manufacturing, or other industrial material handling processes.
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Process Industrial Engineering, or related technical field.
- Familiar with P&IDs, PLCs, Process Flow Diagrams, SCADA Systems, and Automation/Controls.
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Prior experience as an asset and P&L owner
- Experience in the commissioning of industrial facilities, functional/performance testing, and acceptance.
- Experience in plant management from a commercial and business administration perspective.
- Must have a strong knowledge of GAAP project accounting, financial controls, and budget development
- Must have significant experience as a commercial lead including dispute resolution, contract negotiation, and business development/origination.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including empathy, intuition, and listening
- Excellent organizational and self-management capability
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Ability to rapidly learn new concepts with minimal formal instruction
- High level of self-awareness and humility, with excitement about confronting uncomfortable situations or new challenges
- Intellectual agility and curiosity, superb analytical skills; problem-solving is your default mode
- Experience in a growth company is preferable
- Unimpeachable integrity and glowing references
- Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
- Entrepreneurial spirit: flexibility, comfort with risk, recognition that “perfect can be the enemy of the good”
Generate Capital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. #LI-Remote