CleanChoice Energy is looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data Science team. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing B corp with a mission to transform the U.S. electricity market by switching homes and businesses to 100% clean, pollution-free energy.
This role will be focused on increasing the velocity of our growth through marketing. We are looking for someone who is excited to own the entire lifecycle of generating value from data:
- Querying, transforming, analyzing, and visualizing data;
- Generating testable hypotheses, designing randomized experiments, measuring and interpreting results, and translating results into optimal decisions;
- Building models for causal inference and predictions using state of the art econometrics and machine learning techniques
In addition to data science skills, we are looking for someone who excels in cross-functional collaboration and communication.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in data science, an interest in promoting the clean energy transition, and an intrinsic drive to create tangible value every day.
Fully remote with geographic limitations AR, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, VA, and WI..
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to optimize the marketing efforts in order to maximize growth of clean energy adoption
- Develop, maintain and improve machine learning models and data pipelines to maximize clean energy adoption
- Design, measure and interpret results of randomized tests to optimize performance
- Use observational data to derive valuable insights, test hypotheses and make strategic recommendations
- Analyze marketing and customer data to inform business, marketing and product decisions
- Working with SQL databases
- Using Python for data science
- Building and deploying machine learning models
- Causal inference, including econometrics and A/B testing
- Leading significant work projects with a high degree of independence
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and initiative in using Data Science to deliver business value
- Bachelor’s degree w/at least 3 years work experience; Masters with 1 years experience; or PhD.
Preferred Skills/Experience (a plus but not required)
- Using Git for version control
- Working with dbt
- Familiarity with the electricity or energy industries
About CleanChoice Energy
Our mission is to transform the U.S. electricity market by switching homes and businesses to 100% clean, pollution-free energy. Our vision is a world free of catastrophic climate change with pure, clean air and abundant renewable energy. CleanChoice Energy is a certified B Corporation.
Our staff's diverse, multidisciplinary background drives our success.