About EarthShift Global
EarthShift Global (ESG) has made large-scale measurable impacts on the sustainability of dozens of companies, including multinationals from a variety of sectors. As a leader in quantitative sustainability assessment, consulting, training, and software, ESG empowers clients to become more sustainable while remaining highly profitable.
The Data Visual Specialist (DVS) will support EarthShift Global’s efforts to communicate the steps and results of sustainability assessments to a variety of audiences. Working with EarthShift Global’s software team, sustainability analysts, clients, external consultants, and others, the DVS will continually explore strategies for visually conveying information. Using analytical and visual communication software, the DVS will generate sophisticated graphs, tables, diagrams, and other data representations. The DVS will also provide visualizations for our custom software, presentations, training, reports, publications, and data-gathering tools. Our ideal candidate will also contribute to our overall branding/graphic design and be an important voice in managing and growing our company, helping develop new designs, content, and content development processes.
- Create clear, understandable visualizations from complex text and analysis, and tailor them to be effective for their unique audiences.
- Work with colleagues to create LCA results presentations
- Work with the software team to create interactive sustainability visualizations within custom software tools
- Stay at the forefront of data visualization strategy, particularly in the areas of sustainability assessment and uncertainty analysis.
- Organize and maintain a scalable design library of components that follow EarthShift Global and/or client brand standards, and can be reused; create tools and/or processes that enable analysts to create these components themselves
- Manage the creation of original illustrations and visual representations that reinforce our brand’s style and voice
- Support video production, which may include scripting, directing, shooting, and editing video and audio programs
- Collaborate and maintain partnerships with EarthShift Global staff and external customers, generating collaboration and investment into visualization projects
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
Note: Applicants will be asked to provide a set of materials (such as a portfolio) that demonstrate their abilities in visually communicating quantitative and qualitative information. These materials may also include branding and UI projects.
- The successful candidate likely has a degree in data engineering, data science, or a related field.
- Experience with statistics and familiarity with Monte Carlo simulation are required
- Ability to use analytical software (e.g., R, MATLAB) and data visualization software (e.g., Tableau, Looker) is required, but you may use whichever specific software tools you prefer.
- Experience in incorporating research into the user interface and visual design process
- Graphic design experience preferred
- UI design experience preferred
- Proficiency with Python preferred
- Motivated by EarthShift Global’s mission and values
- Bring creativity and energy to your work, along with a desire to learn new things
- Experience with Agile workflow preferred
- Effectively giving and receiving feedback that helps the team work together effectively
- Strong technical and non-technical communication, over video calls and written mediums
- Comfort working on fast-paced projects, within a dynamic, small team, in a small company.
- Remote work experience and collaboration across disciplines
Company Information, Benefits, Hiring Process, Equal Opportunity Statement, and Questions/Accommodations information is available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mNpf0ScaOnm4nUV7qqVNtdft_t53UjY30ghhgjVpATc/edit?usp=sharing