Spin provides your community with dockless scooter-share to get you where you need to gowhether you're commuting to work, going ...View Company Profile
Spin is a micromobilty company that operates fleets of rental electric bikes and electric scooters in cities and campuses across the United States and Canada. Spin launched the first-ever stationless bike share program in the United States and was instrumental in crafting the world’s first mobility permitting system that is now used around the world. Spin is known for its city- and campus-friendly approach to micromobility, and was the first operator to deploy a number of technology innovations to improve rider compliance, such as sidewalk riding detection technology. Spin consists of a diverse team of experienced professionals from the public sector, private sectors, and the transportation advocacy world, all of whom are committed to fulfilling the company’s mission - to help create a world full of 15-minute cities.
For more information visit https://www.spin.app
About the Role
The Strategic Finance, Senior Analyst role’s impact with help improve the overall controlling and planning culture on the team. Design and implement effective and scalable cost control practices across the business unit and within our markets; support senior mgmt in closely monitoring their performance accordingly; Improve the reliability of our financial performance: develop the teams’ understanding of financial processes. Support Market and HQ teams in the reforecasting / annual budgeting process: gradually establish yourself as a thought partner for senior management.
- Drive 3-statement corporate and operational financial modeling, understanding local differences and building cases to enter new markets.
- Assist with consolidated financial and operational reporting to be used for the executive team and Board updates
- Create monthly regional performance reports and work with regional operations leaders to help provide guidance and drive visibility and process improvements at the market level
- Develop key insights and recommendations through variance analysis and commentary
- Partner with various business teams on building cost-benefit analyses and piloting new products, including performance monitoring and post-mortem analysis
- Play a role in annual and long-term forecasting
- Refine data systems and tools to improve financial reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or similar degree
- 3-4 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, finance at a high-growth startup, operational finance or other similar experience
- Superior Excel, Google Sheets, and financial modeling capabilities
- Experience analyzing P&L trends and details
- Demonstrate analytical skills by understanding the business problem, gathering data and assumptions, building models, performing analysis, and presenting results
- Experience with PowerPoint and Google Slides creating clear presentations to help communicate complex information to executives and to cross-functional teams
- Ownership mentality and ability to independently drive projects forward
- Comfortable operating in an unstructured and fast-paced environment and able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Willing to challenge assumptions and ensure that key business drivers are well understood by all stakeholders
- Communicates effectively with business partners and executives
- Experience with SQL and NetSuite is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.