We're Twelve, a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning ...View Company Profile
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
The Productization group seeks to develop innovative new manufacturing processes and automation tools to establish Twelve as a world leader in carbon transformation. It is composed of several different teams focused on different aspects of manufacturing, new product introduction, and customer deployments of our CO2 conversion systems.
As a Buyer at Twelve, you’ll be responsible for evaluating RFQ demands, administrating procurement activities (buying), and production control activities (planning) of required materials. You’ll have ownership over requesting bids and negotiating prices/deliveries with outside vendors, internal supervisors, and program managers in order to facilitate production build. In this role, you’ll be expediting both inbound and in-house past due deliverables. You’ll have an impact on Twelve’s business by reviewing & analyzing material shortages and recommending suggestions to prevent production delays.
What you will do
- Taking a strong position in assisting the management of vendor relationships.
- Maintaining performance KPI’s of the purchasing department’s performance.
- Monitoring and making updates in our ERP system on receiving dates of Open Purchase Orders.
- Maintaining ordering parameters: Lead Times, Min./Max., Service Stocks, and making adjustments to achieve maximum fill rates and terms.
- Monitoring market conditions to keep abreast of potential changes that could affect costs and/or schedules.
- Partnering on procurement activities and assisting in the implementation of major purchases.
- Developing and implementing short/long-term purchasing strategies in conjunction with branch strategies.
- Working alongside inventory management to manage dead and obsolete products ensuring lowest asset dollars lost and/or effectively turned.
- Taking a leadership role in maintaining the integrity of the inventory while taking a strong stand against adding redundant and/or duplicate vendor lines.
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned.
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Finance, or similar
- 1-3 years of experience as a buyer or procurement specialist
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or vendors
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Automotive, Aviation, Aerospace, or Electrolyzer industry experience is a plus
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing software, Inventory software, and Microsoft Excel
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.