We're Twelve, a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning ...View Company Profile
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is seeking a Process Design Engineer to join our Engineering Team. You will work with a small, agile team to design, develop, and build first of a kind chemical processing systems to enable CO2 conversion. In addition, you will maintain and troubleshoot existing process systems, and assist with development and prototyping of new test equipment and methods. In this role, you will work with multidisciplinary engineering teams, research groups and electrochemistry teams at Twelve.
This is a full time role based in Berkeley, CA
What you will do
Lead the process design of new, fully integrated systems to enable CO2 conversion with Twelve’s core technology.
- Develop full, accurate documentation packages for new and existing systems to enable rapid modifications and future manufacturability/scale-up.
- Lead and perform hazard reviews, operability reviews, and ensure system reliability for multiple platforms.
- Design systems and processes to handle novel gas/liquid chemistries.
- Create new analytical methodologies to validate electrolysis system functionality using process parameters.
- Define strategy for materials of construction and compatibility across multiple systems
- Champion process/equipment safety along with engineering frameworks to streamline the engineering team’s work.
Who you are
- You have hands-on experience designing and building hardware and/or scientific equipment.
- Experience designing and building complex systems from scratch.
You have experience with chemical processing equipment design and/or process engineering, and can demonstrate at least 2 of the following:
- Ability to create and read Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Knowledge of environmental and safety regulations pertaining to toxic and flammable gasses (e.g. Class I Division II environments).
- Understanding of laboratory characterization equipment such as gas chromatographs.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and software.
- Electronics experience specifying and installing sensors with different interfaces such as analog current and voltage signals as well as digital communication.
- Experience with gas separation equipment.
- Familiarity with electrochemical systems like fuel cells, batteries, electrolyzers, etc. and relevant characterization equipment like potentiostats.
- Strong desire and curiosity to learn new things.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at email@example.com.