OhmConnect is a climate tech software company on a mission to rally people to change how and when they use electricity — unlocking clean, affordable, and reliable energy.
Our award-winning product makes it easy for families to save energy at home while keeping the grid running smoothly, letting our users support the growth of clean energy and also rewarding them along the way. OhmConnect is a winner of Fast Company's World Changing Ideas 2021 Award, and is backed by leading investors including Sidewalk Infrastructure Partners.
OhmConnect is expanding geographically and through partnerships, while growing our user base to 10%+ of households in our core markets. We are looking for a product leader who can help take our product and platform to scale across the globe in a variety of energy markets. This person will deeply understand consumers (B2C) and help set a vision and roadmap to deliver an exciting product to households across the US. Support growth in new regions and markets and shape product strategy to effectively work with partners and other B2B opportunities. You will be responsible for managing and building high-performing product teams to deliver an engaging product and platform to consumers, while balancing business, technology and partner priorities in a rapidly evolving industry. If you are passionate about enabling a 100% clear-energy future, motivated and results-driven and enjoy working in a remote team environment, we'd like to meet you.
What you will do:
- Define and deliver a product roadmap that takes into account business priorities, customer needs, external partner integrations, platform technology strategy and timelines
- Manage multiple product lines which will vary by geography, customer segment and partner
- Exceptional experience designing consumer products with strong retention and high referral rates
- Practice strong communication and leadership skills: communicate out, inspire the team behind the product strategy and vision
- Own pricing for all products and oversee unit economics for each product line
- Strategise by seeing the patterns in the complexity, and provide the minimum elements required for success in the market
- Combine business acumen, user insights, situational analysis, and technical savvy to create clear, compelling product requirements that position the platform for long-term scalability
- Have a vision for building a customer friendly app, making home tech accessible and fun to households across the country
- Embrace fast iteration, testing and research to inform product development
- Work with internal and external partners to align roadmaps and lay out integration strategies
- Own and drive the whole product lifecycle from design, launch and delivery
- Lead product requirements and roadmaps including feasibility, time, cost, and impact.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, customer experience and marketing teams
- Pursue a deep understanding of user and customer needs through research, testing and data analysis
- Build, mentor and manage a product team including product managers and nurture a customer-driven product culture
- Drive scalable processes and innovation around the product development cycle
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure the success products and identify areas for improvement
- Product leadership at a fast growing B2C technology company, preferably video gaming industry background
- Experience building products with personalization, that are motivating and engaging to core segments
- Passionate about combating climate change
- Leadership experience: managing multiple teams and Director+ reports
- Fully remote work environment with regular opportunities for in-person gatherings
- Full suite of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, and stock options
- Opportunity to build the product roadmap to support a mission-driven startup that’s building a carbon-neutral world
- Real and lived work-life balance - Company perks include unlimited vacation (which our C-level team actively encourages everyone to take!), parental leave, and a corporate value of putting families first
- Opportunity to work with amazing people who are passionate about reversing climate change, thriving in a fully-remote work environment, and learning and growing every day
Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at OhmConnect are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identification, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.