Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. The estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. Aspiration is a certified B Corporation and, in fact, has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations four years in a row. Aspiration has raised over $550M in funding to date and is growing quickly. Aspiration Values Action:
We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders. Boldness:
We don’t tinker, we transform. Customer-Centered:
Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star. Diligence & Dedication:
We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it. Entrepreneurial:
Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
The Sr. Director of Lifecycle Marketing
will lead our customer lifecycle strategy from lead generation and education all the way through creating advocacy for Aspiration. This senior leader will be a key customer advocate within the organization and report directly into the CMO. Through smart testing, analyzing, and optimization, the Sr. Director will increase customer engagement and conversion, increase utilization rates of our financial products, reduce churn, and maximize lifetime value of our customers.
A thorough understanding of customer strategy is key, as is deep experience in working cross-functionally with Analytics and data science in building out predictive customer models. We are looking for a channel-agnostic leader with a strong background in email, sms, in-app & site messaging, and good old fashioned physical direct mail.
The ideal candidate will have experience in financial services, have a created winning lifecycle teams, shown quantitative impact on business results, and has a strong ability to translate business challenges into a clear and concise lifecycle strategy - working closely across the organization and with peers in performance marketing, product marketing, brand marketing, Analytics, and creative development.
As a critical commercial driver of engagement, retention, and LTV, and as the owner of Aspiration’’s Lifecycle Marketing agenda and budget, the Sr. Director will be a key driver of revenue and profitability - building out a financial dashboard that includes a range of core KPI including revenue, LTV, retention rates, and MarTech MROI.
What You'll Do
- Team Leadership and Development – Lead, manage, and mentor a team of in-house experts. Grow team and capabilities to reach aggressive growth & retention targets.
- Optimize team structure, priorities, processes, and reporting systems to maximize the team's impact on the organization.
- Establish Lifecycle Marketing roadmap & objectives and rally the team around shared vision.
- Partner closely with Marketing Analytics in implementing a new predictive customer tiering model (e.g. RFM Model), allowing to target different segments with different messages based on their tier and LTV potential.
- Grow Lifecycle marketing beyond email and build out best-in-class capabilities for physical direct mail, SMS, in-app & site messaging, etc.
- Serve as the key internal spokesperson for the holistic end-to-end customer experience
- Continue a culture of constant testing and learning. Build and maintain a testing calendar framework for all communications, for both campaigns and triggered communications.
- Analyze and optimize campaign performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis; develop insights to inform future strategy.
- Consistently monitor the martech landscape and implement best practices and new tools to improve deliverability, open rates, engagement rates, and referrals.
- Oversee reporting to help build an integrated view of our usage, retention, win-back, and loyalty performance.
What You'll Bring
- 10+ years of experience in lifecycle marketing and strategy required - including at least 4-5 years of leading in-house teams.
- Experience designing and deploying comprehensive, digital-first lifecycle programs.
- Deep expertise in customer segmentation, personalization and customer journey management at scale.
- Expertise in direct one-to-one marketing to consumers is a must, with a proven track record of developing effective segmentation and targeting strategies to maximize value from large and complex customer databases.
- Ideal candidates have a background in Financial Services, FinTech, or Technology, with customer files exceeding one million.
- Proven track record of utilizing physical direct mailers to drive leads and customers.
- Experienced working with a large and complex customer base
- Expertise in building marketing channel forecasts and manage cost within the budget guidelines of the company
- Deep expertise with both trigger campaigns and scheduled marketing campaigns
- Robust analytical skills and a desire to use data in creative ways to drive and measure results
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field required
What You'll Get
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance-driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm.
- Opportunity to be part of and to contribute to ESG, as a steward of social and environmental change.
- Participation opportunities in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee activities and events
- Robust benefit offerings, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Parental Leave expansion (12 weeks of paid leave over the course of a year)
- Pet Insurance and other voluntary benefit plan offerings
- Unlimited vacation time and 80 hours of sick time annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Work from home setup and equipment reimbursement
- Semi - annual performance reviews
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
This organization participates in E-Verify. Find more information here