We're Twelve, a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning ...View Company Profile
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
As a Lab Equipment Technician, you will be responsible for assembling and debugging new test platforms for investigating CO2 conversion, as well as maintaining existing infrastructure, and assisting with development and prototyping of new test equipment and methods as needed. We will provide you with on the job training in areas specific to our equipment.
This is a full time role based in Berkeley, CA
What you’ll do
Build equipment and instrumentation for testing CO2 conversion processes.
- Troubleshoot and repair test equipment such as pressure regulators, flow controllers, valves, pumps, power supplies, and gas chromatographs.
- Assemble and test subsystems relating to gas delivery, water flow, power delivery, and temperature control.
- Calibrate and perform scheduled maintenance on test equipment.
- Follow design documentation, and help document new procedures for others.
- Observe best practices and use practical judgment to maintain a safe work environment.
Who you are
- You have experience working on hands-on projects and can demonstrate, either through professional or hobbyist experience, at least 2 of the following:
- Experience with basic hand and power tools.
- Experience with electrical/wiring work.
- Basic machine shop experience (e.g. milling machine, saws, grinding, drilling)
- Experience working with compressed gasses and pressurized fluids.
- Hands-on experience building or repairing machines like engines, pumps, scientific equipment, etc.
- Strong desire and curiosity to learn new things.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.