MAD CAPITAL IS HIRING!
Mad Capital is a Boulder Colorado based company established to accelerate the regenerative and organic revolution in ...View Company Profile
As a key member and leader of Mad Capital’s Marketing team, you will be responsible for using data-driven approaches to (i) increase the number of farmers we work with, (ii) driving growth through new distribution channels, and (iii) increase company and farmer awareness. Your job is to ensure every single organic and transitioning farmer knows who Mad Capital is, and why we’re the best choice to help solve their financial problems.
What This Means
- Work with purpose - This is an opportunity to make a deep impact and meaningfully contribute to the growth of a thriving organization in the business of helping regenerative organic farmers. For most of us, work is one of the largest time commitments we will ever make. In joining Mad Capital, you’ll find a team of smart and caring professionals invested in building something bigger than themselves.
- Generous compensation - You work hard and will be compensated for it. The minimum base salary for this role starts at $90K per year. Mad Capital determines a candidate's compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience, expertise, and other factors and the final compensation package will be discussed with you during the interview process.
- Company ownership - You will share in the company’s success. All full-time compensation plans include a meaningful ownership stake in the company in the form of stock options.
- Stress-free benefits - We don’t want you worrying about your health or the well-being of your family. We offer fully-paid health insurance, a 401(k), and 12 weeks of fully-paid parental leave.
- Required time off - Employees are expected to take all bank holidays off and are required to take at least 1 week of mandatory vacation per quarter. We’re very flexible, but we’ve found that a minimum requirement helps ensure folks take much-deserved time for themselves.
- Development support - Mad Capital is deeply committed to the personal and professional development of all team members. We support this work with mentorships, community introductions, brown bags, tuition assistance and a flexible work schedule so you can fit it all in.
- New friends - Here at Mad Capital we’re building a team composed of people we like and want to spend time with. People from different paths who think about the world a little differently and challenge others to do the same. We’re constantly planning company trips, get-togethers, and learning opportunities.
- Manage the brand - You are responsible for defining and defending the look and feel of the Mad Capital brand for a variety of audiences including farmers, suppliers, investors, and banks. You know good design and how to implement it. You’re comfortable sketching out designs, drafting copy, managing external contractors, and thrive on the creative process.
- Tell stories - We have the amazing opportunity to work with regenerative organic farmers every day. They’re the heroes and we’ll be looking to you to help tell their stories and how Mad Capital provides best-in-class support for businesses like theirs.
- Lead generation - You will lead the development and execute of our marketing plans by working closely with clients, our Partnerships team, management, external creative and content teams, and distribution partners, to create an effective and efficient marketing strategy focused on lead generation audiences for our financial products and services. You help find farmers who could benefit from working with Mad Capital and Partnerships helps convert them.
- Implement and measure - You will spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of our marketing campaigns, including design of test/control segmentation, implementation of tests, tracking, analysis, weekly KPI reporting, and recommendations based on learnings. We are a deeply data-driven company and we will look to you to apply rigorous testing and analysis to our marketing efforts. Data informs how we direct human and financial resources.
- Help us get better - We’re a fast-growing organization and it’s critical that we’re laying a solid foundation. We’ll look to you to develop and implement consistent marketing policies, practices, and procedures across the business. We need you to improve how we market.
- Build a team - We’re growing quickly and you will need a hand. Over the next year, you will build out and manage the Marketing team, hitting key organizational objectives while supporting the development of several exceptional new team members.
- Agriculture finance - Lending experience is not a hard requirement, but you need to have a deep understanding and appreciation for the culture of farming and agriculture in the United States and be eloquent in how you communicate these concepts.
- Design - You’re a designer at heart. You know what good design looks like and you know how to create it with digital tools (Adobe Suite). Bonus if you can take great photographs.
- Sales & account management - You have 6+ years of experience in senior marketing roles and creating marketing campaigns and managing the process from conception to completion including budgeting, completing analysis, and reporting findings.
- Medium agnostic - You want the right tool for the job. You are comfortable with digital and print marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing, and are happy to pick up something new if you think it might work better.
- Number crunching - You are ruthlessly analytical when assessing the effectiveness of marketing efforts. You design campaigns with clear objectives, hypotheses to test, and insights to glean. With the data in hand, you’re comfortable conducting the analysis and reporting the results.
- You know the tools - You’re comfortable in a modern, tech-enabled office environment. We leverage Slack, Google Suite, Dropbox, Monday, Salesforce, Notion, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and numerous other products and services. In addition to these, you’re comfortable with content management systems, and industry-standard design software, tools, and processes.
- You can navigate the day-to-day - This is a leadership position. You’re a self-starter able to function independently and adapt to changing priorities in a growing and fast-paced environment with a positive demeanor and good instincts.
- All work matters - You don’t bring a lot of ego to your work and accept that when building businesses sometimes you’re taking big swings and other times you’re carefully working through nuanced concepts.
- We’re all growing - You are creative, constantly learning, and approach setbacks and challenges with curiosity.
- Location - This is an in-person position based in Boulder Colorado. Work schedules are flexible, but team members are expected to work from the main office at least 3 days per week.
- Travel - Domestic and international travel is not expected to be a significant component of the role.
- Reporting - You will report directly to Mad Capital’s Chief Executive Officer.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
- Qualifications - We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Mad Capital, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every bullet in the ‘Qualifications’ section above.
- Equal opportunity - Mad Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.