MAD CAPITAL IS HIRING!
Mad Capital is a Boulder Colorado based company established to accelerate the regenerative and organic revolution in ...View Company Profile
As a key member and leader of Mad Capital’s Accounting team, you will be responsible for daily accounting operations, including the accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and reporting, as well as providing support to company leadership on strategic financial decisions and otherwise monitoring the financial health of the organization.
What This Means
- Work with purpose - This is an opportunity to make a deep impact and meaningfully contribute to the growth of a thriving organization in the business of helping regenerative organic farmers. For most of us, work is one of the largest time commitments we will ever make. In joining Mad Capital, you’ll find a team of smart and caring professionals invested in building something bigger than themselves.
- Generous compensation - You work hard and will be compensated for it. The minimum base salary for this role starts at $90K per year. Mad Capital determines a candidate's compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience, expertise, and other factors and the final compensation package will be discussed with you during the interview process.
- Company ownership - You will share in the company’s success. All full-time compensation plans include a meaningful ownership stake in the company in the form of stock options.
- Stress-free benefits - We don’t want you worrying about your health or the well-being of your family. We offer fully-paid health insurance, a 401(k), and 12 weeks of fully-paid parental leave.
- Required time off - Employees are expected to take all bank holidays off and are required to take at least 1 week of mandatory vacation per quarter. We’re very flexible, but we’ve found that a minimum requirement helps ensure folks take much-deserved time for themselves.
- Development support - Mad Capital is deeply committed to the personal and professional development of all team members. We support this work with mentorships, community introductions, brown bags, tuition assistance and a flexible work schedule so you can fit it all in.
- New friends - Here at Mad Capital we’re building a team composed of people we like and want to spend time with. People from different paths who think about the world a little differently and challenge others to do the same. We’re constantly planning company trips, get-togethers, and learning opportunities.
- Follow the numbers - You will build out our internal financial systems, managing and monitoring all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP and other applicable standards and regulatory requirements. You will have oversight of three core aspects of Mad Capital; i) company financial management ii) farmer portfolio management, and iii) debt provider management.
- Lending systems - You will confirm loan tracking and billing tools are operating as intended and providing the necessary detail to inform internal and external monitoring and reporting. You will develop and implement the necessary systems to manage capital provider engagement compliance, flow of funds, and other lending-specific tools.
- Mind the details - You will be a critical piece of our internal quality assurance system. You will take point on developing and implementing internal controls and safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs, and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures. You will also develop and enforce internal controls to maximize the protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Help us get better - We’re a fast-growing organization and it’s critical that we’re laying a solid foundation. We’ll look to you to develop and implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across the business, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Build a team - We’re growing quickly and you will need a hand. Over the next year, you will build out and manage the Accounting team, hitting key organizational objectives while supporting the development of several exceptional new team members.
- Applicable degree - While educational background often isn’t the best indicator of ability, for this role, we expect candidates to have an undergraduate degree in business, accounting, or related field.
- Accounting experience - We will be leaning on you to build out our internal accounting systems. We expect candidates to have 8+ years of direct experience in accounting and/or a related field.
- Certifications - While not a firm requirement, we expect you to have professional industry-standard accounting certifications, including CMA, CGA, or CA.
- Financial Law - You have a deep, working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards, including GAAP. Ensuring compliance with these frameworks is a key metric of success for this role.
- Financing - While lending experience is not a requirement, you need to be familiar with finance organizations and be eloquent in how you communicate complex financial concepts. Mad Capital is in the business of making loans. Understanding how these products are billed, represented in accounting, funds are moved, and transactions reported will be incredibly important.
- You know the tools - You’re comfortable in a modern, tech-enabled office environment. We leverage Slack, Google Suite, Dropbox, Monday, Salesforce, Notion, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and numerous other products and services.
- You can navigate the day-to-day - This is a leadership position. You’re a self-starter able to function independently and adapt to changing priorities in a growing and fast-paced environment with a positive demeanor and good instincts.
- All work matters - You don’t bring a lot of ego to your work and accept that when building businesses sometimes you’re taking big swings and other times you’re carefully working through nuanced concepts.
- We’re all growing - You are creative, constantly learning, and approach setbacks and challenges with curiosity.
- Location - This is an in-person position based in Boulder Colorado. Work schedules are flexible, but team members are expected to work from the main office at least 3 days per week.
- Travel - Domestic and international travel is not expected to be a significant component of the role.
- Reporting - You will report directly to Mad Capital’s Chief Executive Officer.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
- Qualifications - We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Mad Capital, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every bullet in the ‘Qualifications’ section above.
- Equal opportunity - Mad Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.