MAD CAPITAL IS HIRING!
Mad Capital is a Boulder Colorado based company established to accelerate the regenerative and organic revolution in ...View Company Profile
As a key member and leader of Mad Capital’s Farmer Partnerships team, you will be responsible for building relationships with new farmers, building a community of stakeholders throughout the organic industry and support of farmers in Mad Capital’s network.
What This Means
- Work with purpose - This is an opportunity to make a deep impact and meaningfully contribute to the growth of a thriving organization in the business of helping regenerative organic farmers. For most of us, work is one of the largest time commitments we will ever make. In joining Mad Capital, you’ll find a team of smart and caring professionals invested in building something bigger than themselves.
- Generous compensation - You work hard and will be compensated for it. The minimum base salary for this role starts at $90K per year. Mad Capital determines a candidate's compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience, expertise, and other factors and the final compensation package will be discussed with you during the interview process.
- Company ownership - You will share in the company’s success. All full-time compensation plans include a meaningful ownership stake in the company in the form of stock options.
- Stress-free benefits - We don’t want you worrying about your health or the well-being of your family. We offer fully-paid health insurance, a 401(k), and 12 weeks of fully-paid parental leave.
- Required time off - Employees are expected to take all bank holidays off and are required to take at least 1 week of mandatory vacation per quarter. We’re very flexible, but we’ve found that a minimum requirement helps ensure folks take much-deserved time for themselves.
- Development support - Mad Capital is deeply committed to the personal and professional development of all team members. We support this work with mentorships, community introductions, brown bags, tuition assistance and a flexible work schedule so you can fit it all in.
- New friends - Here at Mad Capital we’re building a team composed of people we like and want to spend time with. People from different paths who think about the world a little differently and challenge others to do the same. We’re constantly planning company trips, get-togethers, and learning opportunities.
- Lead generation - You will be fielding phone calls, sending emails, texting, and generally in constant flow with our current and new farmers. You love calling up farmers to jumpstart a relationship, listening to their problems, and artfully becoming a helpful connection.
- Manage relationships - You will work directly with current and prospective borrowers to collect the necessary information to assess a transaction, design a financing offer, approve the transaction, and at all times ensure an exceptional client experience. Once we finance a farmer the relationship is just beginning and you are ready to stick with them through thick and thin. You have the ability to manage 100+ ongoing relationships, ensuring no one is left in the dark.
- Be helpful - You will advise farmers in our network to optimize future growth, access capital, set up a long term and actionable economic plan, and be ready to help them succeed. Sometimes financing from Mad Capital will be a possible solution, other times it might be an alternative product or strategy. Regardless, you’re here to help them out.
- Relationships not transactions - You value long term relationships over “getting the deal done” and treating farmers like a commodity. From when you are first introduced to a farmer to when you’re chumming on the phone 5 years later, you value them as a whole person throughout the life of their relationship with Mad Capital.
- Connect people - You will leverage your network and connections to help farmers in our network connect with one another, generate potential business opportunities, and other relevant communities. We have a lot of work to do to reverse current ecological trends and we’re stronger together.
- Build a team - We’re growing quickly and you will need a hand. Over the next year, you will build out and manage the Partnerships team, hitting key organizational objectives while supporting the development of several exceptional new team members.
- Listen to the market - Through regular communication with your network, you’re going to know what’s going on. From local policy initiatives to broad economic trends. You’re going to help share this information with our network and act as an internal sounding board.
- Assess opportunities - You’re going to know what works and what doesn’t. As Mad Capital develops new financial products and services, your voice will be invaluable. We’re going to be looking to you to ensure we’re on track to achieve product market fit with new offers and bringing online the resources that will ensure our market thrives.
- Organic and regenerative agriculture experience - You have 6+ years of direct experience in the agriculture space and deeply understand what regenerative and organic agriculture is.
- Financing - While lending experience is not a hard requirement, you need to be fluent in farm and agriculture finance and be eloquent in how you communicate complex financial concepts.
- Sales & account management - You have 6+ years of experience managing accounts and/or closing complex sales transactions. You partner with your clients to understand their needs, deliver solutions that meet their unique goals, manage complexity, and accelerate transactions to a close.
- You know the tools - You’re comfortable in a modern, tech-enabled office environment. We leverage Slack, Google Suite, Dropbox, Monday, Salesforce, Notion, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and numerous other products and services.
- You can navigate the day-to-day - This is a leadership position. You’re a self-starter able to function independently and adapt to changing priorities in a growing and fast-paced environment with a positive demeanor and good instincts.
- All work matters - You don’t bring a lot of ego to your work and accept that when building businesses sometimes you’re taking big swings and other times you’re carefully working through nuanced concepts.
- We’re all growing - You are creative, constantly learning, and approach setbacks and challenges with curiosity.
- Location - This is an in-person position based in Boulder Colorado. Work schedules are flexible, but team members are expected to work from the main office at least 3 days per week.
- Travel - Domestic travel is a component of this role and you may spend up to 10% of your time traveling, which may include multi-day trips. International travel is not expected to be a significant component of the role.
- Reporting - You will report directly to Mad Capital’s Chief Executive Officer.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
- Qualifications - We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Mad Capital, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every bullet in the ‘Qualifications’ section above.
- Equal opportunity - Mad Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.