MAD CAPITAL IS HIRING!
Mad Capital is a Boulder Colorado based company established to accelerate the regenerative and organic revolution in ...View Company Profile
As a key member of Mad Capital’s Credit team, you will be responsible for supporting Credit in closing and servicing a variety of different types of commercial loans for regenerative organic farmers. This position partners with loan officers, credit staff, and third parties to facilitate closing and booking of commercial purpose loans. This role is an extremely important part of the overall client experience at Mad Capital.
What This Means
- Work with purpose - This is an opportunity to make a deep impact and meaningfully contribute to the growth of a thriving organization in the business of helping regenerative organic farmers. For most of us, work is one of the largest time commitments we will ever make. In joining Mad Capital, you’ll find a team of smart and caring professionals invested in building something bigger than themselves.
- Generous compensation - You work hard and will be compensated for it. The minimum base salary for this role starts at $60K per year. Mad Capital determines a candidate's compensation package throughout the interview process based on experience, expertise, and other factors and the final compensation package will be discussed with you during the interview process.
- Company ownership - You will share in the company’s success. All full-time compensation plans include a meaningful ownership stake in the company in the form of stock options.
- Stress-free benefits - We don’t want you worrying about your health or the well-being of your family. We offer fully-paid health insurance, a 401(k), and 12 weeks of fully-paid parental leave.
- Required time off - Employees are expected to take all bank holidays off and are required to take at least 1 week of mandatory vacation per quarter. We’re very flexible, but we’ve found that a minimum requirement helps ensure folks take much-deserved time for themselves.
- Development support - Mad Capital is deeply committed to the personal and professional development of all team members. We support this work with mentorships, community introductions, brown bags, tuition assistance and a flexible work schedule so you can fit it all in.
- New friends - Here at Mad Capital we’re building a team composed of people we like and want to spend time with. People from different paths who think about the world a little differently and challenge others to do the same. We’re constantly planning company trips, get-togethers, and learning opportunities.
- Loan Closing - You will be responsible for ensuring the loan closing process goes smoothly. This means collecting outstanding information, satisfying conditions, and ensuring any additional items contained in loan closing checklists are completed when required, including:
- Preparing all necessary loan documentation.
- Ensuring all closing conditions are met.
- Ordering real estate lien searches, attorney opinions, and title insurance.
- Coordinating closing dates with third party involvement.
- Submitting necessary UCC, fixture, and mortgage filings, as well as title encumbrances.
- Ensuring documents are signed properly and loans are booked accurately.
- Part of a team - The lending process has a lot of moving parts and ensuring everything is managed effectively is key to a low-stress and successful outcome. You’ll work closely with your Credit teammates, Partnerships, and third parties to set closing timelines, allocate task ownership, and ensure the process is completed on time and according to plan. For example, in this role you will:
- Lending opportunities are originated by our Partnerships team. You will work closely with Partnership loan officers to accurately execute documents and complete change requests as needed.
- Ensure all closing conditions are completed in accordance with Credit staff instructions.
- Update documentation with third party information such as additional inspections or fee changes.
- Coordinate accurate loan bookings with accounting staff.
- Mind the details - Lending can be nuanced and mistakes costly. You will be a key part of Mad Capital’s quality assurance effort, reviewing transactions and documents for completeness and accuracy, alignment with established standards and processes, and ensuring there are no surprises.
- Credit experience - You have 3+ years of progressively responsible loan processing and/or document preparation experience in banking or agricultural finance. This has translated into a thorough understanding of the lending process from initial diligence to loan booking.
- Attention to detail - You’re incredibly detail-oriented. You excel at document preparation, ensuring information accuracy and double-checking calculations.
- You’ll jump on the phone - Success in this role is dependent on rapid and effective internal and external communication. We’re looking for strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to productively engage with others.
- Improve the system - We’re a growing company with a deep commitment to ongoing improvement. We’ll be looking to you to identify process improvements and take the lead on their implementation.
- You know the tools - You’re comfortable in a modern, tech-enabled office environment. We leverage Slack, Google Suite, Dropbox, Monday, Salesforce, Notion, Microsoft Office, Zoom, and numerous other products and services.
- You can navigate the day-to-day - You’re a self-starter able to function independently and adapt to changing priorities in a growing and fast-paced environment with a positive demeanor and good instincts.
- All work matters - You don’t bring a lot of ego to your work and accept that when building businesses sometimes you’re taking big swings and other times you’re carefully working through nuanced concepts.
- We’re all growing - You are creative, constantly learning, and approach setbacks and challenges with curiosity.
- Location - This is an in-person position based in Boulder Colorado. Work schedules are flexible, but team members are expected to work from the main office at least 3 days per week.
- Travel - Domestic and international travel is not expected to be a significant component of the role.
- Reporting - You will report directly to Mad Capital’s Chief Executive Officer.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
- Qualifications - We’re committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive workplace in which all team members have an opportunity to contribute to the success of our mission. At Mad Capital, people are valued for their skills, experiences, and diverse perspectives, and we encourage all individuals to apply, even if they don’t check every bullet in the ‘Qualifications’ section above.
- Equal opportunity - Mad Capital provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, active military or veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.