About TeraWatt Infrastructure
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure, and real estate that accommodates these uses over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt is the leader in developing, financing, owning and operating the charging solutions and infrastructure that will change how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, TeraWatt delivers end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for a metro mobility hub, a last mile fleet operator, or long-haul electric trucking, TeraWatt brings the talent, capabilities, and capital to create reliable, cost-effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of the transition to zero carbon transport.
With a growing portfolio of properties currently spanning 18 states in key transportation corridors, logistics hubs, and metro centers, TeraWatt is building the permanent electric vehicle charging infrastructure of tomorrow through a robust combination of property assets, financing capabilities, and infrastructure and energy management solutions. We develop, finance, own, and operate charging solutions that take the cost and complexity out of electrifying fleets. With a business model based on well-established economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy, TeraWatt was founded, in the absence of anything like it, to be the nation’s trusted and reliable, long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. According to many experts, electrifying transportation is priority #1 to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions and thus the impact to Climate Change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments. Role Description:Each EV fleet has different requirements such as availability, electricity capacity, smart charging, clean energy, and energy cost requirements. At each charging depot, there could be hundreds of charging stations, each with its own charging management vendors to enable the fleet to operate. The Company is creating first of its kind EV charging solutions and products for the newly developing mobility, heavy trucking and fleet electric vehicle market. We are building an integrated software platform for charging depot operations that can interoperate with multiple heterogeneous charging systems that best meet the needs of TeraWatt’s fleet customer requirements, while delivering clean and reliable electric fueling. If you are a Senior Data Scientist, looking to make a material contribution to the health of our planet with a career game changing experience, who has a background in any of the following: Operations research - job scheduling, linear programing etc, data science, machine learning, AI (reinforcement learning), EV or energy optimization modeling.TeraWatt’s software platform requires a flexible data lake architecture, integration with charging and renewable energy solutions, and the related data products for machine learning models. You will work with the Software Platform to build a greenfield/first of its kind EV Charging Depot Optimization optimization engine for fleets. This engine will optimize the expensive infrastructure similar to airport terminals by dynamically scheduling chargers based on data and will be a force multiplier for Terawatt Infrastructure.We are looking for someone to be the lead hands-on contributor for the optimization models to power the engine. The ideal candidate would apply their background in optimization modeling and explore new techniques to combine traditional approaches with new frameworks such as reinforcement learning.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Create novel, innovate solutions with a mission driven organization to make a contribution to help solve climate change.
- Work with experts in EV and related fields to incorporate their knowledge into rigorous models, and to validate the efficacy of those models.
- Work on a team that believes in product-focused engineering and bottom-up engineering culture that encourages inclusion and ideas from diverse backgrounds.
- Responsible for the creation and selection of optimization approaches from exact methods, metaheuristic, machine learning models and look for possibilities to creatively combine techniques.
- Productionalize model pipelines with the help of others on the team.
- Work/pair with a world class data engineering team that has built petabyte scale data lakes.
- Ideal candidate has a mix of optimization and machine learning experience.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience as a data scientist or machine learning engineer or equivalent.
- Degree in Operations Research, Data Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working knowledge of data science analysis and modeling packages in Python such as Pandas, Scikit-Learn, NumPy.
- Knowledge of optimization problems using frameworks such as pyomo or linear programing.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Terawatt, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.