Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead a team to build new testing systems for investigating CO2 conversion. The Test Stand Team is looking for an experienced, dynamic individual who is comfortable working in an R&D setting in which assigned projects may not be clearly defined from the outset. In this role, you will work in collaboration with other teams at Twelve across various disciplines.
This is a full time role based in Berkeley, CA
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of technicians and engineers to build the next generation of test stands and related equipment.
- Define project requirements, schedules, and milestones, and manage progress towards those milestones.
- Integrate equipment such as pumps, mass flow controllers, power supplies, data acquisition devices, microcontrollers, and gas chromatographs into new and existing systems.
- Participate in the design process by gathering DFM/DFA improvements and interfacing with the development engineers
- Develop, document and maintain work instructions and operating procedures for equipment and systems.
- Be responsible for the build quality of our test stands.
Who you are
- Experience leading a team of engineers/technicians.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience building pressurized gas systems (valves, piping, flow and pressure control, etc.)
- Experience building integrated systems that include controls and data acquisition.
You have led projects with multiple contributors in a professional setting. This includes projects with cross-functional requirements of varying complexity.
- Strong desire and curiosity to learn new things.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Ability to write production updates and communicate challenges early to ensure minimal impact on schedule.
- Ability to creatively adjust the build schedule based on day-to-day activities in order to optimize build time.
- You have experience across several disciplines of engineering, such as through prior work experience or hobby projects, and can demonstrate at least 3 of the following:
- CAD experience.
- Experience with and actively participate in safety culture.
- Experience with data acquisition systems Experience with fluid handling devices like pumps, valving, heat exchangers, and instrumentation.
- Experience working with compressed gasses.
- Electronics experience installing sensors with different interfaces such as analog current and voltage signals as well as digital communication.
- Understanding of laboratory characterization equipment such as gas chromatographs or gas analyzers.
- Familiarity with electrochemical systems like fuel cells, batteries, electrolyzers, etc. and relevant characterization equipment like potentiostats.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
Wage Range: $148,000 - $185,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.