As a Lead Functional Safety Engineer with SERES, you will be responsible for defining and development of automotive functional safety requirement, with a focus on BMS, VCU and MCU. You will work with hardware engineers and control/firmware engineers at a very high level of collaboration. This role will develop leading-edge technologies for EVs planned for mass production by SERES.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provide leadership in defining, implementing, and improving relevant Functional Safety
· Support the definition of safety requirements, and inform architecture and design
· Participate in design reviews and discussions to help ensure that safety goals and requirements are addressed
· Develops requirements specification on vehicle, system and component Level, especially on BMS, VCU and MCU, both on the control/firmware and hardware level
· Defines, develops, and advises on new architectures and detailed designs for current and emerging automotive systems
Required Education and Experience
· BS, MS or PhD in EE, automotive engineering, computer engineering or a related field.
· 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience that includes Functional Safety engineering
· Knowledge in multiple automotive system domains(BMS, VCU, MCU)
· Knowledge in industry standards and regulatory frameworks concerning the design and development of automotive systems including ISO 26262
· Experience in applying tools and technologies for the development, design and analysis (e.g. Testing, HIL/SIL/MIL, FMEA/FTA, ...)
· Hands-on experience in embedded control system development, software development, and/or verification and validation of such systems