We're Twelve, a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning ...View Company Profile
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve continuously builds and improves on our CO2 reactor laboratory hardware. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software to control and collect data from these systems, and to enable automation that accelerates research and improves our experimental workflow.
What you will do
- Develop robust software for controlling and collecting data from test equipment, sensors, and data acquisition devices in our electrolyzer test systems; we aim to run 24/7/365, problem-free, for thousands of hours
- Build graphical user interfaces (GUIs) that provide a powerful and intuitive front-end for scientists and test engineers
- Collaborate with Twelve’s researchers and engineers to define requirements
- Document changes, present updates, and train users on new features
- Troubleshoot and debug our codebase, and improve the reliability of existing software
- Write device drivers to connect new equipment and sensors
Develop tools for users to automate complex experiments
Who you are
- Experience developing with python in a professional software development environment
- Experience developing software for at least one of: laboratory, industrial, scientific, factory automation, or robotics applications
- Experience working with at least one hardware communication interface, such as USB, Modbus, UART/Serial, SCPI, VISA, Ethernet/IP, LXI/VXI11, SPI, I2C, or CAN
- Experience building software collaboratively in a team environment, e.g. using version control, code reviews, and quality assurance
- Experience building user interfaces
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.