Job Description:Think Smart Electric Vehicles & Modern Mobility are super cool? Get a kick out of driving strategy and execution for scaled impact? Want to participate in building out a meaningful business from the ground up? Then this opportunity might be for you:
The Business & Corporate Development Team at NIO USA is responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of NIO’s Go-To-Market for the Americas. This is a strategic corporate initiative, sponsored by the CEO & CFO, and comes with high visibility and tall expectations!
NIO's Go-To-Market Approach has an intense focus on the user experience - on car and beyond the car. NIO Houses and NIO Power Swap Stations / Chargers have provided the key physical infrastructure to support NIO users' experience and journey with NIO.
As the Project Manager of Architecture and Interiors, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of NIO House projects in the Americas. This role has direct oversight on the process and development of NIO Houses from concept to completion. You support NIO’s values as a ‘design driven’, innovative brand by balancing both design sensitivity and technical savvy. This role involves strong capabilities in architectural interiors and comfort in various interior typologies inclusive of retail, hospitality and F+B. Guide multiple projects and teams by managing process, scope, quality, cost and timelines while ensuring design integrity is achieved at a high level. Articulate and act as an advocate for NIO’s goals and interests to developers, landlords, agencies having jurisdiction, architects, engineers, vendors and consultants. You will support the collaboration with world-class internal experts and external partners to build NIO Houses from scratch to scale in the Americas.
This position reports to the Head of Architecture and Design at our San Jose, CA office.
- Support the architecture and interior design strategy of NIO Houses. Drive and own the end-to-end, on-time and within-budget delivery of NIO's core user infrastructure in the Americas.
- Develop a detailed project plan aligned with business objectives, budgets and schedules. Maintain internal project schedules and lead action tracking.
- Manage full range of architectural and engineering consultant teams from project beginning to end. Support the process of all necessary permitting and guide required approvals. Ensure that the final buildout completely represents the design vision and expectations.
- Collaborate closely with in-house team to plan, design, and execute the brand vision for each location. Manage consultant compliance with NIO design and brand guidelines. Partner and coordinate with internal departments to ensure each location works for all stakeholders: Design, Construction, Operations, Procurement, Finance and Legal.
- Support the location scouting and due diligence within each infrastructure category working closely with Head of Architecture and Design, Head of Real Estate, Head of Construction User Infrastructure and experience managers. Coordinate with landlords to ensure lease requirements are being met.
- Prepare RFQ/RFP's/scope of work and facilitate the selection process, hire consultants, and negotiate contracts. Management of the scope and the budget for A+D consultants and engineers.
- Identify, manage, and resolve design related issues during construction. Travel to and participation in on-site meetings throughout the duration of the project and support smooth transition of space turnover to the operations team.
- Create, organize, develop, continually improve upon the NIO architecture and interior design standards. Own the updating of internal processes, partnering with operations and facilities, identify opportunities for the use innovative materials and for sustainable building.
- Actively manage the infrastructure milestone risks and mitigate with speed and precision.
- For all assigned responsibilities, own the outcome: Evangelize, lead, collaborate, motivate, persuade - internally and externally, and deliver exceptional outcomes backed by world-class work-product!
About NIO NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
- 10+ years of experience in project management of commercial architecture and interiors for world-class premium retail or luxury hospitality brands. Project Architect (preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple parallel projects and the accelerated buildout from pilots to scaled infrastructure.
- Demonstrated proficiency in delivering complex projects to brand’s design and business specifications - managing deliverables through external architecture partners, holding all involved to a high standard of quality and accountability.
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering constructed, premium architecture and interior design projects.
- Capability of assembling comprehensive Contract Construction Documents and a proven track record for collaborating across various internal and external teams to achieve a successful outcome. Fluency in building code/requirements and mastery of strong technical and detailing skills.
- Experience in interiors including creative sourcing, furniture specifications, custom fabrication, and procurement coordination.
- Ability to develop, communicate and successfully implement a management strategy to execute projects
- Successful experience in various project delivery methods (Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, Design-Assist) and on-site Construction Administration experience
- Start-up attitude : high motivation and willingness to take on a big challenge with potential for significant impact.
- Bias towards action, willingness to roll up sleeves and "solve" forward.
- Microsoft Office, Adobe CS, Bluebeam, SketchUp, Revit and ACAD
- Bachelor of Architecture or equivalent.
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.