StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a growing team at StreetLight. The Services team creates solutions that directly benefit our most cutting-edge customers and help communities become smart, sustainable cities. You can become a leader in the transition to data-driven planning. Our clients are on the cusp of adopting Big Data solutions at scale, and we are one of the first companies to enter this high-potential industry.
StreetLight Data is seeking a Solution Architect with special expertise in transportation planning or engineering, data science and statistics, and data validation who is passionate about making an impact through smarter, better planning and is creative in solving problems covering a wide range of mobility problems. The position will support our Services team and work closely with Sales and Customer Success teams in helping our customers understand how to use Big Data to support transportation planning and engineering and validating data against traditional sources.
Location: Remote, San Francisco, Richmond, or Vancouver, CA
- Work closely with the Sales and Customer Success teams to introduce StreetLight Data’s unique Services offerings to prospective and existing customers
- Define and help implement technical Services solutions based on the StreetLight InSight® platform and custom metrics to meet customer needs
- Develop and deliver Services-oriented presentations and demos of the software tailored to engage audiences in their local city, region or state
- Cultivate relationships with technical members of staff at end-user government agencies and engineering firms
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to define the product road-map based on interactions with customers
- Author and co-author technical scopes of work (SOWs) for Services projects and define project dependencies, deliverables, and timelines
- Collaborate with Marketing to guide development of sales materials, lead webinars, and prepare presentations for industry conferences and events
- Participate in building internal knowledgebase of technical and market related knowledge by delivering internal presentations and/or training course development
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively work toward the goal of jointly achieving assigned quotas
- Perform project management responsibilities for awarded Services projects, deliver technical solutions and presentations to customers
Skills and Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales role, working with an enterprise software or data product and/or significant technical experience in transportation planning or transportation engineering at an agency or consulting firm
- Experience managing large and complex technical projects including communicating with demanding customers and technical team members
- Advanced knowledge of transportation data / industry. This includes working in a transportation-focused role within government, consulting, private-sector mobility, or a non-profit
- BS / MS in Mathematics, Science, an Engineering discipline or similarly technical field
- Strong data analysis skills, knowing what can / cannot be possible, and ability to visualize data in the best way possible
- Good communication skills - written, visual (presentations), and verbal
- Problem-solving and coordinating across different teams to meet sales goals
- Past experience selling into state or city government agencies a strong plus
- SQL (PostgreSQL with PostGIS preferred) and relational databases experience is a plus
- Strong geo-spatial skills and experience using ArcGIS/QGIS is required
- Knowledge of statistics is a plus
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management and large audiences
- Multi-tasking, critical thinking skills and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% as needed to achieve objectives
Interested? StreetLight Data offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.