About TeraWatt Infrastructure
The once in a century technology transition from combustion engines to electricity for transport will require a multi-trillion dollar investment in energy and charging infrastructure, and real estate that accommodates these uses over the next decade. This transformation is rapidly accelerating, and TeraWatt is the leader in developing, financing, owning and operating the charging solutions and infrastructure that will change how goods and people move.
To facilitate this transition for clients, TeraWatt delivers end-to-end charging solutions, with the infrastructure to support it, at scale. Whether for a metro mobility hub, a last mile fleet operator, or long-haul electric trucking, TeraWatt brings the talent, capabilities, and capital to create reliable, cost-effective solutions for customers on the leading edge of the transition to zero carbon transport.
With a growing portfolio of properties currently spanning 18 states in key transportation corridors, logistics hubs, and metro centers, TeraWatt is building the permanent electric vehicle charging infrastructure of tomorrow through a robust combination of property assets, financing capabilities, and infrastructure and energy management solutions. We develop, finance, own, and operate charging solutions that take the cost and complexity out of electrifying fleets. With a business model based on well-established economics of renewable energy project development and a proven real estate strategy, TeraWatt was founded, in the absence of anything like it, to be the nation’s trusted and reliable, long-term partner in the inevitable transition to all-electric transportation. With the transition to electrification of transport imminent, now is the time to develop these assets.
At TeraWatt, we execute humbly and with urgency to provide energy and charging solutions that delight our clients and support the transition to clean, electrified transport. Impact to Climate Change:
Transportation creates 23% of all greenhouse gas emissions each year. According to many experts, electrifying transportation is priority #1 to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions and thus the impact to Climate Change. By electrifying fleets, we can mitigate more than 70% of mobility CO2 urban emissions, remove 50% of city air pollution, and help fleet operators meet Net Zero commitments. Role Description
In this role, you will lead and accelerate the national sales efforts of TeraWatt’s charging solutions to Fleets with electric vehicles across multiple channels (mobility, last-mile, drayage, long-haul, etc.). The Director of sales will create the foundational sales strategy, recruit and develop a sales team, and ultimately close sales across all of TeraWatt’s customer segments. The success of TeraWatt’s vision of decarbonizing fleets is directly tied to the success of this leader and team. You will work cross functionally with the larger Business Development, Real Estate Acquisition, Finance, Operations, and Software Development Teams.
Reporting to the VP, Business Development, you will adopt a player/coach approach to leadership, oversee management of pipeline accounts, increase TeraWatt’s revenue and growth, and continue to refine our products, pricing and processes. We will capitalize on your deep understanding of Fleets, knowledge of charging infrastructure deployment, and/or experience selling green field solutions to build a legendary career for yourself here at TeraWatt. You must have a hunger to step in to get the job done, close sales, and change the industry as we know it.
- Recruit, develop and lead a high-performing sales team with an emphasis on growth stemming from direct sales of TeraWatt’s charging solutions
- Define and execute a go to market sales strategy for Fleet customers through KPI-driven sales management
- Own sales management efforts including but not limited to sales quotas, process development, methodology, customer sales negotiations, and strategic planning
- Build and manage relationships with key clients, partners and industry leaders
- Provide sales, channel, and customer insights to optimize our product, improve financial performance, and deliver customer value
- Put the customer first by working collaboratively with the larger Business Development team to improve Sales and Customer Operations
- 7+ years of Sales Leadership experience leading teams in the Fleet industry, preferably selling energy, charging and infrastructure solutions
- Familiarity with charging industry, charging hardware and software, fleet operations, and fleet management software solutions
- Demonstrated experience executing a complex sales cycle and closing deals comprised of hardware, software, infrastructure development, and/or managed services
- Proven record of prospecting and developing new business leading to increased revenue, sales performance, and profits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey the value proposition of company products/solutions to Executive level decision makers
- Master’s degree preferred, minimum of bachelor’s degree
- Willing to travel to support customer engagements