Angaza enables businesses to sell life-changing products, on credit, to low-income, unbanked consumers in emerging markets. Our technology uses an IoT network of connected devices, mobile payments, and machine learning to accelerate the adoption of solar energy systems, smartphones, and appliances.
We are reinventing consumer credit by making it available to the 2 billion people across the globe who are unbanked or left out of formal credit/savings ecosystems. With Angaza, consumers have the flexibility to buy now and pay later, with full pricing transparency. And, merchants can increase their sales and revenue by over 8x by offering life-changing products on credit.
Angaza’s inclusive finance platform is already used by businesses in 50+ countries across Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and Asia to improve the daily lives of over 20 million people.The PositionAngaza is hiring a Director of BI & Analytics to support the entire organization in driving the growth agenda through tools, insights and features that empower data-driven decision making.You’ll champion data-driven decisioning across all areas of the business and be a role model for data culture and best practice. You will be curious to uncover trends and insights but will have a strategic mindset to understand the business needs and how data plays a role in key initiatives.As a hands-on leader, you will guide a team to develop solutions for complex, ambiguous, and high-visibility business challenges. The ideal candidate will bring a variety of skills, be able to present solutions concisely and accurately, and be proactive in solving problems. You must be eager to embrace new technologies and comfortable communicating with all different levels of employees across the organization.You will have full ownership of and accountability for the BI/Analytics roadmap, as well as play a leading role in defining our company data strategy which is central to our data-driven approach to consumer credit for life-changing products in emerging markets.
- Define, architect, and implement a comprehensive strategy and roadmap for business intelligence solutions related to reporting, analytics, data modeling and data integration
- Build, grow and develop the Analytics and BI team to support the business with everything from dashboarding and reporting to complex, ad-hoc analytics
- Work across a wide range of different areas including (but by no means limited to) finance, sales & marketing, credit & risk, operations, strategic financing and product development
- Facilitate prioritization of the Analytics/BI roadmap, working closely with senior stakeholders and peers to deliver tangible value to Angaza and our stakeholders
- Ensure at all times that our data, especially customer and personal data, is kept secure, is used appropriately and is treated with respect
- Lead the team to identify and analyze reporting needs, conduct requirements gathering, define scope and objectives, and deliver reports and dashboards that turn data into insights through effective visualizations and help stakeholders to engage with data
- Lead multiple key projects, processes and programs that require advanced technical knowledge and advanced knowledge of tools as well as applications related to data analysis and reporting; make independent decisions related to required tasks and use judgment to regularly make decisions on high-impact and complex matters
The Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, PhD) in data analysis and/or data science and reporting, preferably with professional experience in the Financial Services / Consumer Credit industry. Startup experience is a highly desirable
- Ability to take ownership of large-scale projects and deliver results while mentoring and helping team members
- Strong technical competence; previous experience developing complex solutions based on business requirements, and translating them into functional specifications
- Comfort working independently and cross-functionally, as an individual contributor, people manager, and company leader
- Ability to seamlessly shift between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- A deep commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and progressive workplace
- Exceptional collaborative, interpersonal, and leadership skills with an unwavering drive towards making data-driven decisions and holding clear accountability
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills, and the ability to make effective data-driven recommendations to management teams
- Passion for working in a global environment across multiple time zones to drive alignment in cross-functional and cross-border team
Angaza is a for-profit company based in San Francisco and Nairobi.Employees receive salary, an equity stake in Angaza, and benefits that include: - Competitive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, HSA, & FSA - 401(k) with company match - Fully paid parental leave - Flexible scheduling and time off policies - Knowledge that you’re making a positive impact on the world every day you come to work!Our Commitment to DEI
At Angaza, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply