GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates the just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
GreenBiz is looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join our collaborative and ambitious marketing team. You’re a great fit for this role if you enjoy collaborating across teams, asking thoughtful questions, and solving big problems by collecting organizing, and analyzing data in order to report on trends and elevate new opportunities. You’re able to maintain excellent attention to detail while moving quickly. You naturally take initiative and are excited by new challenges. If this resonates with you, we invite you to apply to join the GreenBiz team as our Data Analytics Manager.
The responsibilities below are not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities of this role, and additional duties may be assigned as business needs for this position evolve. Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $90,000 - $120,000 plus health and wellness benefits. If this role resonates with you, we invite you to apply to join the GreenBiz team as our Data Analytics Manager!
- Assist with building, implementing and maintaining company’s data processes, collection systems and reporting tools — includes collaborating with external contractors/vendors
Identify and apply appropriate methods to collect and analyze data from different sources, in order to elevate critical trends, correlations and patterns, report on KPIs, and advise on product strategy. Platforms include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Event registration platforms (CVENT, Hopin)
- Establish best practices and implementation of end-to-end digital tagging, tracking and analytics, including key points in the marketing funnel, e.g., online calls-to-action, forms, landing pages and marketing campaigns
- Help teams define ad hoc insight needs and design analytic/reporting solutions to address them, e.g., online user behaviors, building target segment profiles, customer journeys, conversion, optimization and attribution, measuring campaigns and forecasting performance
- Partner with marketing team to develop strategy, execute, monitor and iterate on Marketo customer segmentation and lead scoring campaigns
- Help teams improve testing and optimization efforts by designing and implementing analytic solutions across multiple data sources (web analytics, email newsletter, subscription, etc.)
- Develop and present evidence-driven recommendations in written and report briefings, highlighting clear, compelling insights that inform team decisions and actions
- Collaborate across teams on revenue and audience growth strategies to ensure data and metrics are well-defined and implemented to meet teams’ execution and insight needs
- Manage InsideView (data intelligence software) account and integration
- Develop and execute data quality and hygiene improvements to maintain data systems and database
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Data Science or other related field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience helping to build and manage data processes, collection systems and reporting tools
- Demonstrable ability to sift through data, understand statistical analysis, identify critical information, and develop solution options
- Proficient with SQL and data wrangling tools to organize, sort and categorize data (e.g. Tableau/Excel/Power BI)
- Familiarity with a range of relevant digital marketing platforms: Google Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Facebook/LinkedIn/Twitter Ad Manager
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills, ensuring data is analyzed efficiently and effectively while keeping quality high
- Ability to work independently, at times with minimal guidance, demonstrating initiative, decision making, problem solving, accountability and ownership of assigned tasks
- Curiosity combined with quick thinking, learning and problem-solving abilities
- Team player with a flexible, collaborative attitude
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives
- Potential to travel to GreenBiz conferences
- Digital analytics or data analytics certification(s)
- Experience with data visualizations
- Experience in media and/or business events industry
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and remote roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit lines. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full health and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Unlimited paid vacation days
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity:
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.