Running Tide is an ocean technology company built to tackle humanity's most urgent challenge: climate change. We build cutting-edge solutions ...View Company Profile
Running Tide is an ocean technology company built to tackle humanity's most urgent challenge: climate change. We build cutting-edge solutions that integrate engineered and biological systems to remove CO2 from the atmosphere, restore ecosystems, and secure food systems. Our multidisciplinary team of world-class scientists, engineers, and maritime operators is working as fast as possible while the world is burning.We are looking for a talented individual to support, drive, and oversee the execution of various research projects and programs that we’re setting up and running in Iceland.You will work closely with various science and engineering teams within Running Tide to understand, plan, and execute research projects and experiments, and communicate their progress to internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for sourcing staff, partners, or contractors to work on the projects, secure any necessary permits and fulfill other requirements to make the research projects successful. The research projects will be both land based and maritime.
- Be responsible for the successful execution of projects according to research specifications and experiment designs as prepared by other colleagues in the various research and/or engineering departments.
- Create staffing, resourcing, and execution plans as well as timelines for projects based on the research requirements.
- Manage contractor, vendor, and partner relationships as part of planning and executing the projects, for example diving companies, scientific labs, and so forth.
- Communicate progress effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Write reports, grant proposals and applications, and other documents for internal and external sharing.
- Understand and manage the budget of research projects.
- Be part of a growing team in Iceland.
You Are (or You Have):
- A degree in a science or engineering discipline.
- Experience with maritime work or work in the maritime industry is valued.
- Have experience participating in, running, and / or planning research projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Icelandic
- The ability to manage complex projects
- Flexible and excited to work in an ever-changing, dynamic, global environment.
- Interested in moving the needle on climate change.
Our teams operate with utmost persistence. We are tackling the world’s most difficult and important problems, and we are unwavering in our motivation to find a solution. At our core, we are innovators driven to do "more good" rather than "less bad" in the world.
Running Tide is committed to building a diverse team, bringing as many possible perspectives to bear on the unprecedented challenges facing our planet. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where people of all backgrounds can come to do their best work.