FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION
To design and build self healing and automatically documented CPU and GPU high performance computer and storage systems that utilize container runtimes, while optimizing performance, cost, and availability.
The Kubernetes Architect reports to the HPC Systems Manager for priorities and working methods, but serves stakeholders across all engineering teams with an emphasis on supporting the needs of Machine Learning, GIS, and Computational Chemistry.
- Act as technical authority for design, prototyping, and implementation of Terramera compute and storage clusters
- Compose solution briefs, technical specifications, proposals, and user documentations
- Lead new technology evaluation, design and integration efforts
- Translate user requirements and company strategic goals into design architecture
- Evaluate application and running code and recommend system optimizations
- Drive best practices and standards within the team
- Perform deep dives on identified issues to resolve root cause and prevent reoccurrence
- Work collaboratively with multiple internal teams
- Participate in capacity and budget planning for the clusters
- Design and manage a hybrid cloud solution utilizing a network spanning between the data center and public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Linode)
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator – CKA (or demonstrated equivalent knowledge)
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline. (or demonstrated equivalent knowledge)
- 5+ years of Linux or Unix experience managing a large environment
- Experience with S3 storage and lifecycles
- Hands on experience building and administering big data storage solutions (Lustre, CephFS)
- Hands on experience implementing IT Automation using configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc) and workload managers (Slurm, Fuzzball, etc.)
- Substantial hand-on experiance using Terraform
- Hands on experience with container frameworks/ orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of clustering and load balancing for large data sets
- Demonstrated knowledge of scripting languages (BASH, Python)
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Willingness to experiment, learn and keep up-to-date with technological developments and changing work methods
QUALITIES WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and plans work activities effectively
- Agile project management experience
- Engaged with Open Source tools and communities
- Adaptable and comfortable working under pressure with time and resource constraints
- Solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or constructive feedback
- Ability to see the big picture with a growth mindset
- Experience working with Machine Learning models
- Experience working with large imagery data sets
- Experience with Data Lakes, preferably distributed or federated
- Experience with Mellanox networking and device drivers
- Experience with the Nvidia GPU software stack and SR-IOV
- Experience with Gaussian software for computational chemistry
- Fluency in Jira best practices
- Familiar with Rocky Linux
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is an AgTech company transforming how we grow food and the economics of agriculture by simulating complex systems and the interactions of molecules and taking learnings from and to the field. The company provides solutions to the agricultural industry to reduce the use of synthetic pesticides, increase crop resiliency, predictability and quality, support regenerative agronomy and measure the carbon sequestered through regenerative agriculture. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, with integrated operations that include research labs, automated plant growth facilities and a robotics workshop, and has more than 200 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com
Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer. As we make serious efforts to learn more about how we can increase diversity in our candidate pool, we invite you to voluntarily provide demographic information in a confidential survey at the end of this application.
Providing this information is optional. It will not be used in the hiring process, and has no effect on your opportunity for employment.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.