Meet Zoomo. The evolution of Bolt Bikes. Zoomo is the world's leader for utility e-bikes and after market servicing, built ...View Company Profile
Zoomo is pedalling hard for net-zero, and our vision is to transition every urban delivery mile to light-electric vehicles.
The world is shifting to on-demand delivery and we’re providing the wheels to make it happen. Zoomo is the world’s leading provider of e-bikes for delivery, we’re a fast-growing start-up with operations expanding across the globe and we’re just getting started. We’ve become the trusted partner for some of the world’s most disruptive and exciting startups including; Uber, Doordash, Gorillas and MILKRUN and we’re looking for more passionate self-starters to grow with us.
As the Lead Bicycle Mechanic you will be the go-to person for our Brisbane Fleet Team. The role has three main aspects:
- You will be the expert and provide training to a large team of e-bike mechanics, in particular you’ll be up-skilling bike mechanics to understand and be able to diagnose issues
- You will be the champion for the Hardware Team, feeding back important information from customers and mechanics that will directly impact the design and components of future Zoomo e-bikes.
- Finally you’ll help build an awesome culture for our workforce and have a direct impact on the future of Zoomo workshop operations worldwide.
Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Workforce capability: train and develop a large team of e-bike mechanics to provide maximum output and quality
- Process excellence: develop and implement process improvements to maximise workshop productivity and efficiency
- Bike maintenance: service e-bikes to our high-quality standards ensuring that they are safe and road-worthy; diagnose necessary repairs and triage work orders to staff at high pace
- Bike design, component choice and hardware expert: be the expert for our Brisbane team on the mechanical, electrical and firmware aspects of Zoomo bikes, working with the hardware and design teams
- Experience working as a bicycle mechanic
- Experience with e-bike electrical components i.e. lithium ion batteries
- You are a patient teacher and have a passion for empowering others
- Strong communicator and organisation skills
- Relevant industry experience (cycling, food delivery, mobility, technology)
- A passion for bikes!
Even if you don’t think you tick all the boxes but believe that you have the skills and capabilities to make an impact, we’d love to hear from you!
At Zoomo, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunities. We offer you the chance to be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunities for personal development, including
- A flexible workplace with a team of extraordinary, motivated, and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do
- Monthly team outings & events
- Competitive Salary between $60,000 and $65,000 depending on experience plus up to a $5,000 bonus based on performance targets.
- Complimentary e-bike* subject to availability
- Global fun with a team spread from Australia, United States, Philippines, France & MORE!
- Working at a well-funded start-up with a strong leadership team and global presence
- The full support of an experienced management team in helping you meet your targets and your professional goals
Zoomo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.