Hiring for this position will commence on Januarywe are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating mobility solutions that fully connect people to their city.
unu is an urban mobility brand based in Berlin. Our first product was the unu Scooter Classic, an electric scooter with portable batteries launched in 2014. Our products are sold both directly to consumers and business customers, making them accessible to everyone and resulting in fair prices by eluding dealership costs. In 2020, we launched the second generation of our scooter: The unu Scooter was designed in house and completely re-designed with our partners in Germany. The new scooter offers space for two people, as well as the largest storage space and one of the fastest acceleration values in the electric scooter segment.
After establishing a strong footprint in Germany, Austria and France, we are looking to consolidate our position as one of Europe's leading e-mobility brands. With already more than 50 creative, pragmatic and solution oriented team members, we are now looking for a Technical Programme Manager (Hardware) (m/w/d) to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.About the Role:
The Technical Programme Manager (Hardware) is a unique opportunity to lead and shape our hardware product portfolio through managing our technical projects. It is a highly cross-functional role that closely works with engineering, quality management and design as well as supply chain management and our manufacturing partner. The role is responsible for delivering on our mission to connect people with their city through our hardware products including current and future products such as batteries, accessories and more.
This is where you will make an impact...
- Set the goals and objectives of our technical programmes and define project milestones in line with business strategy
- Create project plans ensuring we deliver the right project milestone at the right time
- Define and negotiate project scope based on business needs, technical constraints, resources, and strategic opportunities
- Manage cost and help make the right technical trade-offs
- Identify projects risks and define how to mitigate those risks
- Ensure priorities are clear to everybody in your team and the wider organization
- Align and manage engineering changes in production with our manufacturing and production partners in China
- Be a partner in crime with our industrial design, vehicle & electrical/electronics, as well as quality management teams
- Help build the best end-to-end mobility solution together with your digital product management peers taking care of our platform and apps
- Report directly to the CTO
You’ll be perfect for this role when...
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values (collective courage, curious connection, radical authenticity, simple perfection und creative challenger) and our vision – creating mobility solutions that fully connect people to their city
- 5 years experience in technical programme management or product management of hardware
- A proven track record in initating and managing technical hardware projects up to implementation and post production analysis
- The ability to remove ambiguity and strive in unstructured, fast paced environments
- A customer centric mindset and focus to ensure our hardware products serve happy and satisfied customers every day
- Experience in OEM management as well as development and manufacturing processes
- An engineering background in either electrical, electronic, mechanical or mechatronics or equivalent technical experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire and lead diverse and varied teams across the organization
- An infectious enthusiasm for urban life and society
Why you should join our ride...
- Join us in our mission to enable people to access the full potential of urban life in one of the most dynamic and fast developing industries!
- You will get your own company unu Scooter to unlock Berlin’s full potential
- You will get a discounted public transport pass, daily lunch vouchers that can be used in every restaurant or supermarket, healthy drinks and fruits at the office, access to fitness memberships and corporate benefits and your own Mac or Windows laptop
- You'll be a part of a highly diverse and vibrant group of people with a strong cultural bond, flat hierarchy, with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- We offer a competitive salary
- Not only will you be part of our creative and greatly connected workspace in Kreuzberg but you will also be able to experience contemporary ways of working with flexible working hours and remote friendly options
If this sounds intriguing and you want to join our mission of vision of enabling people to access the full potential of urban life, apply now!
If you are unsure about meeting all our listed requirements, please still get in touch. Your CV does not define you ‐ we are as interested in your future as your past.
As an equal opportunity employer, unu is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are looking forward to your application!