We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for a Construction Project Delivery Manager to join our Cruise Real Estate & Workplace Team focused on the lab and critical infrastructure project portfolio. This role works closely with our Business Units, Real Estate and Transaction Management team, Facilities & Workplace Operations and 3rd party project management partners, general contractors, architects and engineers. The role will be an equal balance of strategic and tactical as we lay the groundwork to commercialize autonomous vehicle technology in emerging markets. This role will report to the Director of Project Delivery. They will manage pre-con efforts for a variety of asset types with a primary focus on hardware labs and critical back office infrastructure to support the growing fleet R&D and commercialization. The role will partner closely with Entitlement Project Delivery Manager, on site development, due diligence, and jurisdictional approvals. The Construction Project Delivery Manager is expected to thrive in a very fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Innovate and implement processes and tools, ensuring complete cycle from site search through deal execution is completed consistently and predictably at a fast pace.
- Closely collaborate with Cruise real estate, commercial operations, legal, government affairs, external communications, finance, and engineering groups to successfully acquire sites that allow for successful project delivery.
- Lead due diligence and pre-construction engagement for all real estate transactions.
- Partner with Entitlement Project Delivery Manager throughout the entitlements and jurisdictional engagement process.
- In partnership with consultants, establish initial CapEx costs and schedules for sites. Provide clear, concise and data driven recommendations to aid Real Estate and Operations teams selection of site(s).
- Strategically partner with consultant groups who have expertise in geographies new to Cruise. Establish a bench of go-to entitlements and due diligence consultants who can be predictably and repeatedly applied during site selection.
- Coordinate with the Transaction Manager during the site search, acquisition, and due diligence stages to establish the highest and best use for site(s).
- Develop and maintain construction strategy, timeline and budget. Once acquired, maintain accountability for the delivery of the project acting as the owner’s representative and using third party consultants, general contractors, architects, engineers, and project managers.
- Complete work with a bias toward action and continuous improvement. Always searching for opportunities to template processes and establish best practices.
- Establish and develop positive relationships with consultants, representing Cruise in a professional manner.
- Negotiate consultant proposals and approaches. Review and approve consultant billings.
- Proactively and curiously seek out opportunities to reduce costs or shorten timelines.
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years experience of increasing responsibility in industrial, critical redundancy sites, lab and office.
- Robust knowledge of site entitlements, due diligence, preconstruction in industrial asset types.
- Experience in a variety of delivery methods (i.e. design build, build to suits, TIs)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education in engineering, construction management or real estate focused field or equivalent years of experience.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to provide clear recommendations and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal skills and experience creating business cases for funding approvals.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time!
- Master’s degree preferred
- Professional certifications: PMP
- Professional Registration: P.E., Registered Architect, etc.
Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Subsidized mental health benefits
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental, jury duty, bereavement, family care and medical leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- CruiseFlex - a working policy for US-Based Cruisers that lets you and your manager find what working style is best for you, whether it’s primarily in-person, primarily at home or a combination of home and in-office time.
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, T. Rowe Price & Walmart have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
- Recurring Liquidity Opportunity (RLO) - a unique equity program where employees, both current and former, have the option to sell any amount of their vested equity on a recurring basis, currently quarterly.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
At Cruise, we’re tasked with leading in the communities we serve — and doing our part to help keep our communities and our teams safe. Our #StaySafe culture transcends and informs all we do, and because of this, as of October 31, 2021 Cruise will be mandating COVID-19 vaccinations for all US-based Cruisers who need or want to access any of our US Cruise facilities and engage in any business travel — including attending any in-person Company-sponsored event.
If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a strongly-held religious belief, Cruise will consider requests for an accommodation.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.