Carbon Direct is decarbonizing the global economy. What is Carbon Direct?
We are a team of scientists, engineers, and innovators with a shared goal of reducing atmospheric CO2 by scaling carbon management. What do we do?
We operate two distinct businesses:- Advisory & Software: We work with Fortune 500 corporate clients like Microsoft, Shopify, and Alaska Airlines to develop long-term carbon management plans. We’re also building a platform to facilitate the procurement, purchasing, and monitoring of carbon removals, helping make net zero emissions a reality for all businesses.- Investments: We scale the supply of quality removals by investing in high-potential technologies vetted by science-backed sourcing and diligence.
The science is clear: we need to pair CO2 emission reductions with removals to limit global temperatures to 1.5C
, and the time to act is now. Our 40+ leading scientists have expertise in all areas of carbon management, from carbon footprinting to carbon removal procurement, and their insight guides our work.
Our team is data-centric, diverse, and purpose-driven. Join us on one of the greatest journeys of our lifetimes: the transition to net-zero. As we continue to grow as an organization, we’re looking for an experienced and versatile marketer to become our VP of Marketing and lead the marketing team. This person will play a critical role in defining and messaging the future of Carbon Direct, and work with their team to bring that vision to life across brand, product, and content marketing. The role is focused on brand and customer/industry education to start, with increasing performance aspects over time. We are looking for somebody who is hyper-motivated by our climate mission, and who leverages data to drive results. This person will work in close partnership with our sales and software organizations, and must have proven experience improving those collaborations.
Core Responsibilities include
- Own and develop annual marketing plans for Carbon Direct, including goals, strategy, & budget. Secure buy-in from leadership and board
- Manage PR function and build drumbeat for key messages
- Further establish Carbon Direct as a thought leader in the carbon management space
- Build and activate differentiated marketing strategies and tactics, primarily leveraging internal resources
- Grow, manage, and coach a high-performing marketing team that is passionate about quality carbon management
- Drive the implementation of marketing campaigns that meet core business objectives, mobilize key messages, and be willing to test and iterate based on performance
- Work closely with the Sales and Software teams to achieve cross-functional goals
- Establish brand standards and ensure compliance across all channels
- Substantial marketing experience, working as a Director of Marketing or above, with multiple years of working on environment, climate, and/or technology
- Experience navigating the growth and evolution of a fast-moving startup
- Strong executive presence, management, and communication skills
- Proven ability to lead and scale high performing teams
- Experience in developing a distinctive brand and articulating that brand to internal and external audiences
- Highly organized and energetic with the ability to effectively serve multiple stakeholders
- Affinity for data, measurement, and performance-based frameworksIs purpose-driven and determined to address the climate crisis with science
Carbon Direct has a flexible, remote-friendly culture and we support our employees with their remote work set-up needs.
We also offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, voluntary 401k contributions, paid parental leave, and generous paid time off. Equal Opportunity Employer
Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way Carbon Direct selects and approaches the climate crisis, as well as the creativity and applicability of Carbon Direct's advisory and investment work.
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.