Director of Environmental Strategy and Climate Policy- EU
Who we are:
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agrifood industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agrifood and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals. Check out the video with our CEO explaining Regrow to our partners in the ecosystem.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 150 million acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
We are looking for a Director of Environmental Strategy and Climate Policy- EU to be the technical lead on engaging our EU customers and guiding them on the journey of implementing climate-smart practices.
This is a unique opportunity at a company on a path to huge growth and success. It’s not every day you can join a company and meaningfully contribute to a better future of our planet and humanity. You’ll be applying your skills to accelerate the digital agriculture revolution on a global basis! Won’t this be a fun story to tell someday?!
What You Will Do:
European policy and ecosystem services markets
- Identify how current and future EU policies impact ecosystem service markers and additionality requirements: CAP new echoschemes.
- Work closely with carbon protocols to identify requirements and changes in the methodologies, to assist with our customers' Carbon project design.
- Build relationships with European Commission policy makers to drive the development of the upcoming regulatory framework on carbon removals certification.
- Represent Regrow and commitment to scalable science in the European consortiums of Carbon market stakeholders.
Soil carbon-related project management
- Work closely with customers (project developers, verifiers) in using Regrow data services to support cost-effective carbon market applications.
- Work with ecosystem services markets on testing and advancing the applications of soil carbon protocol
- Provide existing and prospective customers, as well as other team members with the guidance on various carbon protocols (Label Bas Carbone, ERF, CAR, SustainCert,Verra,Gold Standard, ACR and others), assisting them in project design, including soil sampling, SOC modeling, definition of eligibility criteria etc.
- Supporting Product in translating the existing project and product requirements into user stories, workflows, and work packages that the science and engineering teams can work on
- Documenting and refining the project documentation for each of the customer soil carbon-related projects in Jira and Confluence
- Assist with coordinating cross-team implementations, making sure all team members are aligned on the project and protocol requirements; communicate clear deliverables and deadlines
- Provide a high-level view of requirements, timelines, and resources allocation for soil carbon-related projects and help to maintain the company science and product roadmap
Support and lead expansion of Regrow Science to Europe
- Work with the science team to identify and implement research to improve Regrow science and technologies for measurement, reporting, and verification in Europe.
- Work with European Universities and Research partners to collect data, such as soil samples and intervention records, to calibrate our models for European markets.
- Assist with the development of European case studies and reports by providing insight into Regenerative Ag potential in Europe: Soil organic carbon change, GHG reduction using DNDC (our carbon model)
- Assist with creating the product documentation that enables the customers better understand Regrow technologies in European Context (CAP regulation)
Inspect, evaluate and validate product and science deliverable through each iteration
- When required, assist with review and testing of the product and science deliverables
- Clearly document the necessary changes/improvements to ensure customer satisfaction and retention, and work with the product and engineering team to implement the changes to improve user workflows.
Who You Are:
- Advanced Degree in soil science, agronomy, environmental science, natural resources, computer science, or related fields
- Strong experience with project management, including software for project management and systems
- Demonstrated operational excellence, ideally with field work aspect in agriculture or similar level of interaction with growers
- Strong cross-functional team leadership experience and capabilities to manage the team with a variety of backgrounds, including software engineers, scientists and business teams
- Experience leading customer-facing projects and having direct responsibility for deliverables
- Experience with data in agriculture
- Desire to be in equal parts project coordinator and contributor/ subject matter expert
- The ability to translate your technical knowledge into insights accessible for our team and our customers
- You have passion about delivering value to customers and solving messy real-world problems
- You have the ability to organize yourself and others in an unstructured environment
- You prefer to operating in an open/honest work environment
- You have a love of learning and a desire to have a positive impact on something greater than you can achieve alone.
*We value diversity! At Regrow, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better but our planet better. We have employees across 9 countries and three continents, and we’re committed to expanding our base of knowledge and experience.
Regrow is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
If you like what you read, hear, and/or know about Regrow, and want to be a part of our team, please do not hesitate to apply! We are excited to hear from you.