WeaveGrid builds software to make it cheaper and safer for utilities to serve electric vehicles, add renewable energy resources, and ...View Company Profile
About the role
We're excited to add an experienced digital designer to our product team to work on a variety of challenges shaping and affecting WeaveGrid’s growth. This role will touch upon everything from defining our brand story through visual storytelling, to supporting lifecycle marketing campaigns, to product definition development and user interface build-out. You’ll partner cross-functionally to conceptualize, conceive, adapt and execute designs in different forms for marketing collateral (including emails and digital media ads), websites and landing pages, internal and client-facing presentations, product demos, market launches, and software delivery.
WeaveGrid clients include several of the biggest utilities in the country. We unlock value for these clients by helping their EV-driving customers connect their vehicles to our application through a simple three-step registration process. Once connected, we shape their vehicles’ charging patterns to solve multibillion-dollar challenges posed by the rise of EVs.
By your side, you’ll have incredible, close collaborators in marketing, user experience and product management, all pushing to make EV ownership easy, cheap and rewarding for drivers across the US.
- Partner closely with product marketing team to raise brand awareness through user-focused digital media campaigns and websites
- Design visually appealing, responsive marketing and transactional emails that employ email design best practices
- Brainstorm creative ideas with product marketing and user experience team
- Partner with product team to determine design requirements, submit draft concepts for approval, and develop prototypes for branded digital products
- Work closely with third-party vendors to define a visual identity for brand as a standalone product and co-branded offering
- Develop, manage, and enforce visual brand guidelines
- Organize and maintain database of digital assets
- Create standardized templates for emails, landing pages, presentations, and other digital assets
- Refine process for content reviews with external clients to create a seamless experience
- Approach design from user-focused mindset and employ accessibility best practices into all work
- Assist marketing lead with tasks related to deployment launches, which may include technical implementation
- Create clean and simple illustrations, data visualization, and mockups of experiences to include in prototypes or presentations
- Contributing to an internal web-based repository of UI design guidelines and components
You’re an expert in various forms of digital media and have experience in both the marketing and technical aspects of development and creation. You are customer-obsessed and excited about developing a user-focused, accessible experience across various platforms, channels, and modalities. You’re able to clearly communicate your reasoning behind design choices, collaborate closely with team members, and are a master of visual storytelling.
- 3-5 years experience as a visual designer, in DTC or SaaS (agency or in-house experience)
- Advanced proficiency in industry standard software and design tools (Figma or Adobe experience preferred)
- Must have email design experience and be familiar with UX best practices in email design
- Understanding of UX/UI (user experience/user interface) design
- Demonstrated application of marketing strategies when drafting and building digital technology
- A compelling portfolio with projects showcasing skills and previous design work related to marketing (please include email designs)
- Proven ability to operate cross-functionally and desire to help your collaborators succeed
- Understanding of user experience and how to create a positive interaction between digital media and potential customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to present ideas to stakeholders
- Problem-solving skills to come up with unique solutions for user interface challenges
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, bias for execution
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly creative, curious, and inventive. Not afraid of risks or exploring new things
- Analytical mindset with ability to improve processes, understand business metrics, and translate company goals and objectives into a digital experience
- Proficient in HTML/ CSS (there will be light/ basic level coding. Advanced experience is a plus)
- A commitment to reducing climate risk in your work
Nice to haves:
- Webflow experience
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Fluency in animation and video
- Fluency in design language systems
This position is remote or based in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. Expect to get together with the team (when possible) every once in a while in the Bay Area.