SEI: Building Leaders for a Resilient World
SEI is an environmental nonprofit that builds leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 20 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, ...View Company Profile
OVERVIEW & IMPACT
The Sustainability and Facilities Fellow will work with the Citrus College Facilities team and the campus community. The successful candidate will focus on supporting energy management, strategic planning for sustainable facilities, learn about Facilities Management at community colleges, and support the Facilities Department at Citrus College. The Fellow will also expand upon the education and outreach work needed by the college. This is a hybrid remote/on-site position.
- Energy and water conservation education and outreach
- Building energy benchmarking with facilities staff
- Lead creative outreach efforts, including developing online resources, writing newsletters, hosting events, - presentations, and workshops, and launching social media campaigns
- Coordinate workshops around resources and programs in energy efficiency, renewable energy, water efficiency, and general climate crisis education
- An educational background in a sustainability related field (volunteer and internship experience will also be considered). While this is preferred, all candidates with experience in fulfilling responsibilities similar to the ones listed above are welcome to apply
- Experience with research and compiling data
- Experience with instruction and instructional design
- Capability to effectively format, prepare and present technical reports
- Competence in using energy management software
- Experience collaborating with others, including students
- Experience attending or working with community colleges
You will need (or want to learn):
- Knowledge of energy, sustainability, and environmental concepts
- Knowledge of energy auditing techniques, tools, and procedures
- Knowledge of using web based and other platforms to conduct data analysis
- Skill in multitasking and prioritizing
- Skill in use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Skill in project management
- Skill in written and graphical communication
- Ability to work effectively as part of a customer service team
- Ability to bring a positive attitude, can-do spirit, and have fun at work
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and responsive to shifting priorities
CLIMATE CORPS QUALIFICATIONS
- Availability for the full-time, 10-month Fellowship program, beginning in September 2022
- Climate Corps Fellows must have completed a 4-year degree by the time the program cycle starts in September 2022.
- A connection to the placement location. This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the region being served.
- Experience in and the drive to address racism and create race equity with the team members and programmatically.
HOW TO APPLY
To become a Fellow, please submit an online application and resume here: https://www.climatecorps.org/fellow.html
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until placements are filled. We encourage submitting applications as soon as possible. Upon review, qualifying applicants will be contacted for an initial screening interview.