At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
Why we need you:
- Wisk endeavors to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. To support that goal, we are looking for a Flight Operations Safety Analyst to join our Safety Management System (SMS) and Operations Safety team.
- As part of the Safety Management System (SMS) and Operations Safety team, we would look for you to help to integrate and ensure compliance with the Enterprise SMS within the Wisk Lines of Business, specifically Flight Test and Operations. You will be the Enterprise Safety liaison and provide safety support for the Flight Test and Operations daily activities. Daily priorities can change and you will need to adapt and pivot to ensure company success. This can include taking on additional responsibilities based on safety program needs.
What you will do:
- You will act as a Flight Operations Safety Analyst for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will support in ensuring safety company goals are achieved.
- You will aid Flight Operations and Test in conducting safety risk assessments to identify hazards associated with operations and test. This will include tracking safety mitigating to ensure Safety Assurance.
- You will assist with the daily management of the Wisk Safety Reporting system.
- You will take part in investigating and analyzing accidents and incidents involving Wisk products and make specific recommendations to correct actual or potential hazards.
- You will help coordinate the fostering of Just Culture and be a leader for company promotion of the SMS.
What you have done:
- BS/BEng degree from an accredited College or University in an aviation/engineering related field or equivalent related work experience.
- Five (5) or more years experience in aviation with a portion of that experience dedicated as an Aviation Safety Analyst (or equivalent title).
- Experience in executing SMS within a flight testing organization.
Who you are:
Compensation and Benefits:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and you are never afraid of facing complex technical challenges.
- You are safety minded and have the ability to apply the Company SMS across different lines of business.
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience.
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion.
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations.
- You are a positive team player.
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-timePay Range the Company expects to pay: $140,000 - $170,000
per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, as a condition of employment, we require that employees are fully-vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 as permitted by law. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs, practices, or observances that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.