At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!We are looking for a Senior Staff Engineer, Design for Maintenance to join our team. The goal of a Senior Staff Engineer, Design for Maintenance at Wisk is to ensure that maintainability and operational logistics considerations are integral to technical design decisions for electrical, mechanical, and structural components. You will be a part of the product team that is playing a major role in the development, qualification and sustainment of the Wisk eVTOL service.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Senior Staff Engineer, Design for Maintenance to join our Product Management team. The goal of the Senior Staff Engineer, Design for Maintenance at Wisk is to serve as the organizational spokesperson on advanced projects and shape the strategic direction by applying broad domain expertise to design strategy, specification generation and review, and technical roadmaps. Your mission is to work closely across the entire Wisk organization with multiple diverse Wisk engineering disciplines to develop the best approach to meet the goals for maintainability and operational logistics of the aircraft. In support of this mission, you will be involved in conceptual designs, trade studies, prototyping, requirements development, formal reviews, detailed design, manufacturing and quality support, and testing. Your efforts will directly contribute towards the goal to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment.
- The successful candidate is respected in the aerospace engineering community as a highly knowledgeable and experienced technical leader who has experience in areas of design for maintenance, field service engineering, product support engineering, or repair engineering. In this role, the candidate must be able to influence without authority, solve problems creatively, and communicate technical and business concepts effectively.
What you will do:
- As part of the Product Management organization, and deployed in a services engineering function, you will act as a Senior Staff Engineer, Design for Maintenance for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in translating maintenance and operations performance metrics to engineering requirements
- You will support integrated product teams, reliability, maintenance, and safety, and product managers
- You will lead problem solving activities related to achieving a high aircraft availability and low cancellation rate metric, while maintaining low maintenance and production costs and competing metrics such as aircraft weight and performance
- You will help coordinate trade studies, prototyping, requirements development, formal reviews, detailed design, manufacturing and quality support, and testing
- You will take part in the design process, providing input and feedback during requirement generation, conceptual design, detailed design, and drawing release
- In some areas, you will be working closely with integrated product teams to serve as the organizational spokesperson on advanced projects and shape the strategic direction by applying broad domain expertise to design strategy, specification generation and review, and technical roadmaps
- You will plan and execute design review for maintainability, identify areas for continuous improvement, assess business impact of design and architecture decisions on other systems and processes, use advanced data analytics to build fact bases to influence recommendations
- As a Senior Staff Engineer, Design for Maintenance, you will help define the maintenance cost baseline for entry into service, with a direct impact on the profitability of Wisk operations
What you have done:
- You have a Master’s degree in materials science, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or similar and a minimum of 12 years of related experience; or equivalent work experience
- You have worked on various new product introductions with transition into production and support
- You have hands-on experience developing test plans, specifications, and qualifications of materials and processes
- You have experience developing work instructions
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex specifications, test plans, FAA regulatory requirements, CMH-17, repair stations
- You have a strong and applied understanding supporting manufacture or overhaul, including disposition of hardware non-conformances
- You have lead teams whom achieved aircraft availability or cancellation rate metrics and/or improved turnaround time
- You are familiar with CAD software such as Siemens NX(preferred), Solidworks, etc
- You have experience with requirement management systems such as Polarion (preferred), DOORS, etc
- You have familiarity with aircraft certification and aerospace development best practices and standards
- You have experience in field engineering/product sustainment
- You have experience with lifecycle management and limit expansion
- You have participated in industry working groups to influence standards, policy, and rulemaking
- You are a nationally recognized SME in one or more of the following areas:
- Composite structure design
- Electrical power storage and distribution
- Mechanical design
- Repair engineering
- Field service engineering
- Product support engineering
- Production assembly engineering
- Continuous improvement
- Data science and analytics
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.