Do well by doing good.
Do you wake up in the morning excited to go to work? Do you want to engage in a mission that fundamentally betters our world? Do you want to work alongside an amazing team of smart, driven, upbeat colleagues with unique backgrounds and interests? Keep reading because EnergySage might be the place for you.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other renewable energy technologies. We strive to make the experience of going solar as easy as booking a flight online. We are looking for passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals to join our team in making renewable energy options more accessible to consumers. We are the most-visited energy website in the U.S.-- last year 10 million people used our tools. What can you help us achieve?
We are located in Boston Financial District and are working in an Hybrid work set up: 3 days in office, 2 days remote. #hybrid
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
C&I Solar Sales Manager
The Sales Manager is the primary point of contact for businesses and non-profits in the market for solar (plus storage) systems on their properties. You will use your solar knowledge, sales best practices, and relationship management skills to cultivate confidence and trust and move commercial customers through the full sales cycle. You will act as the hub for the “EnergySage for Business” Marketplace by guiding these customers through the process of soliciting and evaluating multiple competitive quotes, being the trusted advisor to answer questions along the way, and helping them select the right EPC.
How does the C&I Solar Sales Manager help?
The Sales Manager is responsible for driving an excellent customer and partner experience from registration through contracting. This position does not require lead generation. We have incoming leads and we need you to take them through the shopping process in our marketplace (i.e., helping prospects evaluate multiple bids from pre-screened EPCs). If you love nurturing prospects, hustling to close deals, and figuring out the full value chain, this position is for you.
What you'll do:
- Be proactive and take warm leads from solar interest to closed sales
- Work closely between solar installers and interested business prospects -- building relationships that translate to long-term success
Help define the EnergySage C&I solar strategy:
- Leverage your knowledge of the solar industry to create the most impactful value proposition to businesses and installers
- Be a key stakeholder in evolving our marketplace model for C&I solar
- Optimize and iterate on our customer interaction process
- Translate complex technical knowledge into easily digestible concepts for business stakeholders to understand
- Explain the economic benefits of solar for businesses, specifically with a strong grasp on the tax benefits for commercial properties
- Help businesses to understand different types of solar equipment and financing solutions, make sense of relevant information, and determine pros and cons for each
Lead businesses through the solar comparison shopping process:
- Explain the process for going solar and act as the primary point of contact for each step along the way, including multiple bid comparisons
- Understand each customer’s needs, priorities, properties, and whether they are a good fit for solar
- Actively engage customers already in the pipeline by prioritizing and proactively following up on warm, qualified leads and systematically moving them through the sales funnel
- Build and maintain stakeholder relationships across the full sales cycle
- Drive an excellent shopping experience from start to finish; act as the intermediary between customers and solar installers
- Work with customers to gather the appropriate, required information to generate solar quotes
- Manage the process for timely, efficient delivery of project designs and proposals; engage internal and external stakeholders and contractors
- Manage the QA & QC of the shopping process
- Participate in solar industry events and product training
- Leverage new industry learnings to enhance C&I solar marketplace offerings, strategies and outcomes
You will love this role if you:
- Love to be proactive, and have a business development background
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with decision makers from initial contact to closed sale
- Establish and maintain trust and confidence with stakeholders, including executives
- Can patiently educate customers and answer similar questions, repeatedly
- Regularly follow up with decision makers to check on the status of the process
- Can maintain a neutral position among multiple competing vendors and products
- Thrive on the opportunities present in a base + commission compensation structure
What we look for:
- Business development and sales background
- Solar and storage experience, especially in the C&I space
- Knowledge of financing solutions (e.g., loans, leases, PPAs)
- Ability to appropriately engage and manage a variety of stakeholders from senior decision-makers to installers
- Experience achieving sales goals in a sales cycle lasting anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months
- Experience educating purchasers of a complex, high dollar value product
- Several years of work experience that directly translate to our selling model; have a combination of years of experience and/or degree
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job- but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
#jobopening, #hiring, #careers, #employment, #EnergySage, #hybrid, #commercialandindustrial, #sales, #solar, #greenenergy, #renewableenergy, #energy