About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Midsized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltInSF.com
and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Analyst who is excited about joining the Sales Operations team within a high-performing Finance team at an organization making a meaningful difference in the world. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Sales Operations, they will assist in optimizing key processes following best practices in a way that scales with Aurora’s hyper-growth and sets the company up for future success.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented people to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively across different functions to comprehend the deal standards, structure, business terms, and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth, and strategic positioning
- Assist with decisions on reporting needs and modeling to evaluate deal economics, commercial terms and conditions, and operational requirements for opportunities
- Review and verify incoming deals for accuracy; confirm transactions adhere to revenue recognition policies and operational guidelines; help coordinate system reviews, ensure accuracy of data and meet SLAs
- Gather and provide input as to the critical information to move the deal forward, such as the summary of discussions, decisions made, and assigned actions to be completed during deal meetings
- Design and implement reporting tools for business partners, including process and system improvements. Use models and analytics to identify trends and influence business partners, in order to have an effective result
- Create and update policies, procedures, and training material as needed. Ensure documentation is updated by gathering feedback or when questions arise. Provide suggestions for process improvements
- Ensure approvals for non-standard deals have been properly documented, raised to the right approval levels, and resolved within reasonable timeframes
- Become a valued advisor to Sales on deals and drive deal closure by being approachable and providing direct support
- Has strong familiarity with creating and editing SQL queries and with Looker, Tableau, or other data visualization tools to create reports and dashboards for Sales and Finance to leverage
What we value:
- Finance or Sales Operations experience in a hyper-growth B2B SaaS startup
- Excellent communication skills and ability to partner effectively across functions and levels throughout the company
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with big-picture strategic comprehension
- Ability to work under ambiguity and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Preference toward PST -Timezone candidates
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Our mission at Aurora is to create a future of solar energy for all. We aim to reflect that inclusivity in the people who imagine and build our product by creating an environment where diversity is cherished and where anyone—regardless of background—can thrive. We strive to always do better and know that by empowering people, we can power the planet.