We are seeking a Project Coordinator for Higher Education to support SEI’s sustainability-focused education programs. In this position, you will play an integral role across our organization, supporting our leadership team with Energize Colleges programming, including outreach, recruitment, and support of higher education partners, curriculum support for faculty members, sustainability training design and implementation, project management, program tracking and reporting, assessment development, and administration.
We are living in an incredible moment in human history, a time where we have a diverse array of impactful climate solutions, but we don’t have enough people trained and motivated to put those solutions into homes and communities around the world. That’s where you come in! We know that colleges and universities across the country are eager to equip their faculty, staff, and students with cutting-edge skills and knowledge to step into the climate solutions space. In this position, you will engage and empower higher education stakeholders and build the next generation of sustainability leaders.
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit based in the Bay Area, CA dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 24 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers, and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities. We are proud to provide a collaborative work environment filled with people who are driven to make a difference in our communities!
PROJECT COORDINATOR FUNCTIONS
- Outreach to and recruitment of higher education faculty and staff members to participate in Energize Colleges programs.
- Support instructional planning, design, and delivery of higher education course content in collaboration with faculty members
- Design and facilitate interactive sustainability trainings for higher education students, staff, and faculty members
- Support higher education partners on sustainability topics including energy efficiency and decarbonization.
- Assist with all aspects of our higher education projects and programs, including participant recruitment, staff supervision and mentorship, evaluation, reporting, and project management.
- Maintain, improve, develop, and customize curriculum and supplemental resources.
- Track, report, and document supportive services provided through program work.
- Supervise and coach multiple internal fellows and interns for our flagship programs.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in fields related to this position.
- Experience working within higher education institutions to implement sustainability solutions.
- Strong ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups including campus facilities staff, faculty members, higher education administrators, and students.
- Understanding of sustainability, climate change, energy conservation, energy efficiency, renewable energy, green infrastructure, and building science concepts and topics, evidenced by experience working in the field, teaching these subjects, and/or pursuit of additional coursework, seminars, and professional certifications.
- Basic understanding of the inner workings of nonprofits & educational institutions.
- Mastery in project management, work organization, and budgeting.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with the ability to self-manage and reliably meet multiple, concurrent deadlines
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams, or independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to empathize with others. Aptitude for rapport building & working collaboratively with colleagues, partners, & clients
- Aptitude and drive to quickly learn industry or project-specific software
- Genuine commitment to anti-racism and willingness to work in racial equity frameworks and experience in addressing racism and racial equity with team members and programmatically.
- Access to reliable transportation for work-related commitments.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but not required
- Experience designing content for and using learning management systems
- Experience working with community colleges
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time position based anywhere in California, preference for Bay Area.
- Paid sick and vacation time, 14 paid holidays per year
- A starting wage of $31.73 an hour
- SEI-paid health insurance; dental, vision, chiropractic plan
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with employer match after one year
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit our Careers Page and fill out the application form. A resume and cover letter are required. SEI requires all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with exceptions made for health and/or religious reasons. To get a glimpse of the department you will be working in, check out Energize Colleges!