Manufacturer of lithium batteries designed to accelerate the commercialization of solid-state batteries. The company engages in the manufacturing of electric ...View Company Profile
QuantumScape is on a mission to transform energy storage with solid-state lithium-metal battery technology. The company’s next-generation batteries are designed to enable longer range, faster charging and enhanced safety in electric vehicles to support the transition away from legacy energy sources toward a lower carbon future.
- Own and continuously improve stacking, sintering and product quality processes.
- Define performance requirements and technical specifications to develop new processing methods to improve performance and/or form factors aligned with the company’s technology roadmap.
- Test hypotheses by applying knowledge of engineering statistics and design of experiment concepts to methodically plan and execute process experiments and yield conclusive results.
- Analyze and optimally communicate results to management.
- Develop and maintain drawings, operating procedures and work instructions.
- Develop sintering and product stacking processes and establish requirements and physical specifications.
- Understand the critical product requirements at different process stages and derive vital process variables that drive improvement to product quality.
- Establish documentation and procedures for product sampling, product testing, and product data tracking systems for continuous processes.
- Maintain process log and work to track changes during shifts that have an influence on product quality.
- Establish equipment calibration standards and maintain to ensure data repeatability.
- Establish and maintain product quality testing and classifications of defects.
- Coordinate with other process functions upstream and downstream and identify areas of improvement for processes and product yield.
- Identify process deviations and projects to improve the Critical Process Variables (CPVs) for yield improvement.
This position is eligible for employee referrals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Materials Science, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- 1 year of experience in the job offered (defined by employer as Process Engineering).
- Employer will accept a Master’s degree or equivalent in Materials Science, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related field in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 1 year of experience in the job offered (defined by employer as Process Engineering).
- Work experience to include: (1) 1 year of experience (or any experience with a Master’s degree) in a manufacturing, development, or process engineering role, involving high temperature manufacturing or commissioning of startup processes. (2) Conducting Lean Six Sigma analysis and defining Critical Process Variables (CPVs) for improving yield. (3) Utilizing high temperature measurement systems, establishing temperature profiles, managing controlled process environment, reading filed data and performing process analysis.
- Any and all experience may be gained concurrently.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.