Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants.
Through the revolutionary work of our world-class R&D team, we’re inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish, and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the negative environmental or public health impact.
Our flagship product, Impossible™ Burger, uses 96% less land, 87% less water and generates 89% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional beef from cows. And the burger is just the beginning. We’re working on recreating every animal product, from chicken to fish, with plant-based ingredients that are vastly better for people and the planet.
Impossible Foods has experienced spectacular growth over the last few years, and we continue to lead all aspects of the plant-based revolution – from discovery and innovation to commercial production and consumer education. We’re building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our core values include leading with heart, thinking like scientists, and doing the right thing, and our employees embody these attributes in their work every day.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it). Check out our job opening below:
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to join our Global Commercial and Employment Legal group. The ideal candidate has experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts. This role will be the initial contact for our cross-functional business partners in helping them understand what we do and why we do it. As such, you will guide, mentor, and lead our business team members to ensure they have a positive experience interacting with our legal group. To be successful in this role, you must partner closely with our internal business team members, work efficiently through large volumes of agreements, and be proactive in developing and memorializing our processes and systems to support the business in scaling globally.
- Assess requests for agreements and review, draft, and negotiate a high-volume of commercial agreements, amendments, renewals, and terminations, including NDAs, consulting services agreements, technology agreements, human resources agreements, and IT agreements.
- Monitor the commercial legal email inbox and other intracompany communications platforms, fielding questions and providing mentorship to business partners on processes and workflows.
- Develop and train business partners on work processes and new initiatives.
- Review and audit workflows to ensure our contract system’s reporting is valid and help identify areas needing improvement.
- Proactively develop and employ innovative solutions to challenging legal and operational issues to empower and enable the business to scale globally, while mitigating risk exposure to the organization and maintaining compliance with company directives.
- Work with members of the Global Commercial and Employment Legal team to develop and improve applicable forms, processes, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (A paralegal certificate and MBA or JD is preferred).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a broad range of commercial agreements as a transactional paralegal or contracts manager in-house or at a law firm.
- Team-oriented, organized, and “business-first” perspective that thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with contract management systems and/or workflow systems, with a preference for operational support of these systems.
- Sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with Google G-Suite, DocuSign, and Ironclad is helpful.
- **Location: CA preferred. This position will be remote, but we are looking for someone with an understanding of California law.
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice
. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
If the ability to work remotely is indicated, this role can be performed from any US state except for Alaska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Hawaii, and Wisconsin.
This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.