Our Mission: Better Data for Better Transportation Decisions StreetLight uses Big Data for mobility to enable smarter transportation for all ...View Company Profile
StreetLight pioneered the use of Big Data analytics to shed light on how people, goods, and services move, empowering smarter, data-driven transportation decisions. The company applies proprietary machine-learning algorithms and data processing resources to measure travel patterns of vehicles, bicycles and pedestrians that enable complex transportation problem solving using analytics available on SaaS platform, StreetLight InSight®. Acquired by Jacobs as a subsidiary in February 2022, StreetLight continues to provide innovative digital solutions to help communities reduce congestion, improve safe and equitable transportation, and maximize the positive impact of infrastructure investment.StreetLight Data is seeking a creative, versatile, and motivated Operations Engineer to be part of our growing team. This team member will work with the Senior Director of Operations and IT to maintain and expand our hosted cloud operations, as well as support our growing Development, QA and Support teams. This position reports to the Director of Operations and IT.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure smooth operations for our hosted cloud servers and applications.
- Improve and expand our current tools and processes for security, back-ups, monitoring and resource management.
- Research, design and implement new solutions as needed.
- Expand cloud operations for our planned European expansion.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and execute after-hours product deployments and maintenance.
- Interface with vendors and contractors for outsourced functions.
- Work effectively with Engineering, QA and Operations/IT team members, and identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of tools and processes.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience with Linux environments, including extensive shell scripting (bash).
- 3+ years of experience with Ansible scripting and administration.
- 3+ years of experience with PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
- 2+ years of experience in cloud environment administration (GCP preferred: IAM, Security, Compute Engine, Storage, Monitoring, Logging, VPC Network, Network Services, Network Security, Kubernetes Engine).
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal.
- Quick learner, able to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to reliably deliver results on deadline and quickly adapt to changing requirements.
- Ability to solve critical issues quickly and manage unplanned work efficiently
Experience with the following technologies is a plus:
- GCP certified (Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect).
- Scalyr (now DataSet)
- Git, JIRA/Confluence
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.