Our mission is to reverse climate change and return the atmosphere to 280 ppm CO₂. We convert waste biomass into carbon-rich bio-oil and inject it into permanent, underground storage as carbon removal, or reform the bio-oil to produce syngas for fossil-free steel.
Last year, our carbon removal pathway took off with support from customers like Stripe, Shopify & Microsoft, and we deployed our first mobile pyrolyzer. In the next 18 months, we'll build and deploy the next pyrolyzer revision, demonstrate our fossil-free syngas pilot, substantially expand our operations in the Midwest and put more than 1,000 tonnes of CO₂e underground.
We're looking to expand our team of creative and hands-on engineers, fabricators, operators, and forward-thinking humans. We value psychological safety and collaboration. We take calculated risks and don't sweep mistakes under the rug; instead, we pin them to the wall and learn from them. We value that everyone’s unique backgrounds and perspectives shape their work. We encourage you to read our company values
Come help us reverse climate change. Gigatons or bust!Your responsibilities:Out pyrolyzer contains many different subsystems. You will work with the subsystem engineers to develop and deploy test stands for the various
subsystems and components. You will help spec and source sensors of various types, and help maintain
consistency between the different parts of the pyrolyzer. You will help the electronics team with building out
thorough documentation, including by not limited to electrical schematics, test procedures, and
In this role you will bring:
- Experience in the Electrical Engineering field
- Some experience designing, building, testing and debugging electronics hardware
- Familiarity with standard electronics laboratory tools
- Keen eye for vetting/reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Knowledge of safety requirements related to high power applications
- An excitement for hands-on work (and don't mind getting your hands dirty!)
These skills are a bonus:
You would make a great addition to the team if:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with power generation and power engineering.
- Experience with preparing electrical schematics
- Experience with motors, motor controllers, and power electronics testing
- Experience with wire harness routing and design
· You solve problems with creativity and curiosity · You take high ownership of your work from end-to-end· You are eager to learn and teach others · You readily challenge your assumptions when faced with a difficult problem· You collaboratively seek out teammates for feedback and advice· You care deeply about our mission & the transition to a greener, more equitable future
Check out our instagram
to see some shots of the team in action!What We Offer
· Flexible hours & paid time off · Stock option compensation· Medical and dental insurance· Traditional and Roth 401k· Paid parental leave managed through Cocoon· Healthy snacks and lunches· A sweet workplace (Wait until you see our SF Minifactory!) with lots of space inside and out· A chance to pivot into a role in climate!Visa Sponsorship Policy
Since we are a small startup, certain accommodations for visa sponsorship may not be within our capability. At this time, Charm Industrial is only sponsoring E3 and TN visas. COVID-19
The nature of our work requires the vast majority of our team to be in-person full time. As the COVID-19 pandemic has evolved, we've continuously adapted our safety policy to keep our team safe and productive. Our current safety policy requires that anyone coming to the office must be vaccinated and wear a mask indoors. If you're invited to our office for an interview, you will be asked for proof of vaccination.Our Commitment
Charm Industrial is an equal opportunity employer with a firm commitment to growing our team in an inclusive way, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. The consequences of climate change inherently affect some more than others, and we need a diverse team to help us save our little planet most effectively & justly. We are excited about all of those who choose to apply, and for those who end up joining us, to see how you better us as a team and company. We are more than the sum of our parts.