Job title: Access Management Engineer
Location: London, Bristol, Edinburgh(including hybrid)
Salary: £39,500 - £91,500
Kaluza’s vision is to help create a world where decarbonization is easy. We are an agile scale up energy tech business.
From revolutionising customer billing to smart electric vehicle charging, our technologies are empowering some of the biggest energy suppliers to better serve millions of customers and unlocking the benefits of renewable energy and smart devices to help decarbonise the grid. Our products are built with differentiation in mind, giving developers endless ability to extend our core capabilities.
Where in the world of Kaluza will I be working?
You will be working within the Access Management team in Kaluza whose purpose is to ensure that access management policies are defined and enforced for all principals, actions and resources within Kaluza. Access management must be 100% reliable, fast and centrally auditable within Kaluza’s cloud platforms. This team has a broad role associated with all aspects of access management across the Kaluza platform and is responsible for defining the strategy and providing tools that allow development teams to implement access management efficiently and correctly.
Is this the job for me?
• You are an experienced software engineer with practical experience of implementing access management systems at scale within cloud hosted distributed systems
• You are comfortable working in an agile development environment that employs continuous integration and continuous delivery best practices, and have experience of pair programming, BDD/TDD, CI/CD and deployment strategies
• You love building scalable, resilient solutions
• You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge
• You believe strongly in test driven development and continuous delivery
Ideally you will have:
• Experience with key concepts and technologies in the IAM area, e.g. ABAC/RBAC, OAuth2, OIDC, XACML, ALFA.
• Experience designing and building large-scale access management systems
Here at Kaluza we have five core values that guide us as a business:
We’re on a mission, We build together, We’re inclusive, We get it done, We communicate with purpose.
Our values are not words on a wall — they are at the heart of our culture. They are how we make decisions and how we treat each other. They are concrete and clear, and reflect what we as people, and as a business, really care about.
Kaluza’s vision is to power a world where net-zero is within everyone’s reach. Would you be interested in joining us to help achieve this?
From us you’ll get
Even better? You’ll have access to these benefits from day 1 of joining.
We want the best people
At Kaluza, we empower our people to have choices around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles.
Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box.
If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.Learn more about working in Kaluza on our careers page and LinkedIn.