Rondo Energy's mission is to eliminate 15% of global CO2 emissions in 15 years.
To accomplish this mission, Rondo is deploying ...View Company Profile
Rondo Energy's mission is to eliminate 15% of global CO2 emissions in 15 years. To accomplish this mission, Rondo is deploying low-cost, zero-carbon Rondo Heat Batteries to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy and to significantly decarbonize industrial processes that are commonly thought of as 'difficult-to-decarbonize'. The Heat Batteries are charged from intermittent renewables to provide high temperature, continuous heat for customers safely, reliably, at an unprecedented 98% efficiency, and at a cost point that is lower than any other method.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Design Manager to join our Engineering team. In this role, you will be asked to own and drive the full design and engineering efforts for construction and infrastructure development from concept to production. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering, construction, manufacturing, and project management.
This position will be located in Bakersfield, CA.
About the Senior Design Manager position
Key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop a deep understanding of stakeholder requests and challenge requirements
- Clearly define and communicate scope to engineering team
- Maintain engineering design process – from kick-off to full IFC packages
- Manage design review meetings and ensure all engineering packages are of exceptional quality
- Coordinate design schedule with project managers to ensure timely delivery of engineering support
- Manage permitting and construction documents including transmittals and RFIs
- Implement innovative engineering and design methodologies to support aggressive schedules
The ideal candidate will have:
- B.S. in architecture, civil, mechanical, process/chemical, structural, or electrical engineering highly preferred
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams within Architectural/Engineering firms
- Full understanding of all engineering disciplines and ability to demonstrate skills to manage engineering resources.
- Proven record in delivery of IFB, IFP and IFC packages
- Experience designing facilities and site infrastructure development
- Excellent communication and documentation skills with ability to understand complex problems and distill the message into a clear plan
- Construction Project Management experience is a plus
The position will be based in the Bakersfield, CA area, with potential for partial remote work. The role may require travel up to 25%.
- Medical, 100% of premium covered for employee and immediate family
- Dental, 75% of premium covered
- Vision, 75% of premium covered
- Life Insurance and ADD, 100% of premium covered
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Flexible time off policy
- 401(k) plan with company match
Rondo provides equal employment opportunities (EEO).